Thread: My game controller stopped functioning

Thanks

Question My game controller stopped functioning

So i have been using my controller for quite a while, and one day it just doesn't work! I can see it in the devices, all programs and emulators recognize it, but when i press any buttons it doesn't work. When i go to it's properties where i can calibrate and stuff it does nothing, none of the analogs work as well, but when i press the analog button the red indicator lights up. Any idea why i am having problems like these?

Thanks
    EP Points

What kind of emulator are you using? Sometimes my controller doesn't work for my nes emulator. Check in the configure area that it's set to usb controller.It's in a drop down menu.Hopefully that'll help.

Thanks

It doesn't work with any emulators or programs i use, it used to though. I use nestopia zsnesw epsxe, for emulators with no controller support i use xpadder. I was using it with the correct settings for months, they're all set to controller mode

Thanks
    EP Points

If even xpadder doesn't recognize button presses, but the controller lights up, it may be a driver issue. Perhaps a windows update created compatibility issues or something? I know all my PC controllers, before discovering motionnjoy, came with install discs, though didn't need them.
    If you don't have such a disc, you may be able to find drivers by googling the make and model.

If no luck, I'd say to test a different controller--it might just be dead inside. Like Lindsay Lohan. If you have a PS3, you can set up a controller with motioninjoy, which I honestly find even better than Logitech, despite some config quirks.