Thread: Conker Live and Reloaded Issue

Thanks

Default Conker Live and Reloaded Issue

I finished copying Conker Live and Reloaded to my softmodded xbox. When attempting to load the game I received the following flickering logo screen problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FjSU_FxQmk

I then attempted to play the game via the actual disc and the same issue occurred. Is this a known issue with softmodded xbox's? And what can I possibly do to fix the problem? Thanks.

PS: When attempting to load NFL 2k5 the same lack of loading progress occurs (both with disc and on hard drive). No other games have any problems. Both of these though are dual layered games. No other games I have are this big. Is there some sort of dual layer fix that needs to be applied? Also these are the original discs I am copying and loading from, not backups.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't think this is a softmod issue I have never seen that happen before now either, though I don't see an issue if it is just a loading screen flicker, so maybe I have had it happen just didn't think it important at the time...

I play everything from HDD I no longer use my disc drive I will not even use it to copy game data from disc so I ftp from backups on an external HDD via my PC, it's a more secure way to copy without data loss (it is from s disc image any way using Qwix/Avalaunch [I use Avalaunch as an app not a dashboard])

I can double check Conkers at some point in time though and NFL if needs be, though again just from the HDD

I am not aware of any Dual Layer fixes for original discs, or backups either, especially if you are playing from HDD.

What type of video cable do you hook your xbox up with?

It is possible that the disc drive is no longer reading the second layer correctly.

I even own Shenmue II on retail disc that has no issues at all (it's a DVD9 game) or it did until I changed the mode of my xbox to NTSC as that game is PAL

EDIT going to FTP those over now and see if I get the same issue but I can't see it happening...

It could be an issue with your video cable or an issue with the xbox version (1.0 to 1.6) or a combination of them both or just an issue with the disc drive itself

Take it that you have ESPN NFL 2K5 [NTSC][U] and the [NTSC][U] version of Conker (Too many NFL games ) and I hate them all just not my thing but as I have just about every xbox game anyway so I will test them both.

It shouldn't be important but I use XBMC for my dash.

I am also using the official Component HD block with high end Component cables. (The cables used can make a huge difference though) [I think I also have a scart and composite A/V cable for the xbox also but would need to dig those out] (I have used 3rd party component cables in the past but those do have signal loss and the image goes for a second them back at random points, no good for video games or movies)

My Xbox is either 1.2 or 1.3 (that is just what it detects as for some reason, I guess they had been very close to each other that it can't be detected between the two) it is a PAL xbox but I changed the video mode to NTSC (there is only one NTSC game that needs more than the video mode changing to work with a PAL system fully)

Conker: Live and Reloaded = 4,534.6 MB [4.44 GB] (from a DVD9 iso of 4.43 GB (4,757,848,064 bytes))
    ESPN NFL 2K5 = 6,008.5 MB [5.88 GB] (from a DVD9 iso of 5.86 GB (6,301,024,256 bytes))

P.S. this reminds me I did make a 480p fix for ESPN NFL 2K5 as it will only play in 480i via component otherwise, for now I am testing with no modification to it though

EDIT

Conker: Live and Reloaded, works without any sort of flickering or signal loss [All logo's and loading screen show as they should]
    ESPN NFL 2K5, works without any sort of flickering or signal loss [All logo's and loading screen show as they should]
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-November-2013 at 18:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I don't think this is a softmod issue I have never seen that happen before now either, though I don't see an issue if it is just a loading screen flicker, so maybe I have had it happen just didn't think it important at the time...

I play everything from HDD I no longer use my disc drive I will not even use it to copy game data from disc so I ftp from backups on an external HDD via my PC, it's a more secure way to copy without data loss (it is from s disc image any way using Qwix/Avalaunch [I use Avalaunch as an app not a dashboard])

I can double check Conkers at some point in time though and NFL if needs be, though again just from the HDD

I am not aware of any Dual Layer fixes for original discs, or backups either, especially if you are playing from HDD.

What type of video cable do you hook your xbox up with?

It is possible that the disc drive is no longer reading the second layer correctly.

I even own Shenmue II on retail disc that has no issues at all (it's a DVD9 game) or it did until I changed the mode of my xbox to NTSC as that game is PAL

EDIT going to FTP those over now and see if I get the same issue but I can't see it happening...

It could be an issue with your video cable or an issue with the xbox version (1.0 to 1.6) or a combination of them both or just an issue with the disc drive itself

Take it that you have ESPN NFL 2K5 [NTSC][U] and the [NTSC][U] version of Conker (Too many NFL games ) and I hate them all just not my thing but as I have just about every xbox game anyway so I will test them both.

It shouldn't be important but I use XBMC for my dash.

I am also using the official Component HD block with high end Component cables. (The cables used can make a huge difference though) [I think I also have a scart and composite A/V cable for the xbox also but would need to dig those out] (I have used 3rd party component cables in the past but those do have signal loss and the image goes for a second them back at random points, no good for video games or movies)

My Xbox is either 1.2 or 1.3 (that is just what it detects as for some reason, I guess they had been very close to each other that it can't be detected between the two) it is a PAL xbox but I changed the video mode to NTSC (there is only one NTSC game that needs more than the video mode changing to work with a PAL system fully)

Conker: Live and Reloaded = 4,534.6 MB [4.44 GB] (from a DVD9 iso of 4.43 GB (4,757,848,064 bytes))
    ESPN NFL 2K5 = 6,008.5 MB [5.88 GB] (from a DVD9 iso of 5.86 GB (6,301,024,256 bytes))

P.S. this reminds me I did make a 480p fix for ESPN NFL 2K5 as it will only play in 480i via component otherwise, for now I am testing with no modification to it though

EDIT

Conker: Live and Reloaded, works without any sort of flickering or signal loss [All logo's and loading screen show as they should]
    ESPN NFL 2K5, works without any sort of flickering or signal loss [All logo's and loading screen show as they should]
    I'm using composite cables. I wouldn't think the cables would matter though, since every other game loads correctly. Also when I copy the discs via dvd2xbox all the files are transferred properly (it states zero files or folder failed to transfer). The only possibly explanation is the DVD drive, since these are the last two games I've copied.

I've tried FTP before with the xbox time and time again, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it. Do you happen to know where I can find dummy proof step by step directions for xbox ftp'ing.

In terms of the DVD drive not working, would this be a matter of simply replacing the drive? Or would other parts need to be replaced as well. And do you happen to know of easy step by step direction for DVD drive replacement?

Thanks

I've tried FTP before with the xbox time and time again, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it. Do you happen to know where I can find dummy proof step by step directions for xbox ftp'ing.

Here is the method I use to ftp. I don't go through a router I go direct, xbox to pc via crossover cable. Go into network settings and into where you put the ip add subnet info and input this: Ip add:192.168.0.4
    subnet mask:255.255.255.255.0 default: this is where you put your actual xbox ip add. dns:192.168.0.4 alt:192.168.0.5 Now go to your ftp server, I use filezilla. Next turn on your xbox that is conneected to pc. start up filezilla input your actual xbox ip add, xbox, xbox, 21 hit connect and now you are in

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Set the xbox to have a static IP

Make sure the network settings that are changed are for the LAN connection only

It's the IPv4 one that needs to be changed

My setup is

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. You don't really need the alt/suffix DNS that I left blank on both sides

Hint do not use Filezilla to copy full xbox games, it bugs without errors shown that result in corrupt game data on the internal HDD, it is very good for sending small amounts of files though like custom dashboard updates and other homebrew.

You will need to restart the dashboard after you change any network settings for it to be fully applied

For the drive issue yeah you can just replace that I use my 1.6 XBOX DVD drive in my 1.2/1.3 XBOX, because the drive from the 1.2/1.3 xbox has a small issue of sticking (eject does not always work)

To be honest though I don't even use my CD/DVD drive at all and run everything from HDD and copy via a crossover hooked directly to my Laptop.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-November-2013 at 12:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Set the xbox to have a static IP

Make sure the network settings that are changed are for the LAN connection only

It's the IPv4 one that needs to be changed

My setup is

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. You don't really need the alt/suffix DNS that I left blank on both sides

Hint do not use Filezilla to copy full xbox games, it bugs without errors shown that result in corrupt game data on the internal HDD, it is very good for sending small amounts of files though like custom dashboard updates and other homebrew.

You will need to restart the dashboard after you change any network settings for it to be fully applied

For the drive issue yeah you can just replace that I use my 1.6 XBOX DVD drive in my 1.2/1.3 XBOX, because the drive from the 1.2/1.3 xbox has a small issue of sticking (eject does not always work)

To be honest though I don't even use my CD/DVD drive at all and run everything from HDD and copy via a crossover hooked directly to my Laptop.
    Alright well now I have an odd update. I just transferred Splinter Cell via DVD2xbox and it plays fine. Splinter Cell, unlike 2k5 and Conker, is a non-dual layer game. Have you ever heard of a situation where only dual layered games won't work via disc or hard drive? And can you think of any system settings I can edit which might help?

Also what is a good FTP client to transfer full games?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by me in a bit of post #2
    that's the best way to FTP and as a bonus you get a speed boost while you FTP I just use that as an App rather than a dashboard

http://www.avalaunch.net/
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-November-2013 at 16:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

that's the best way to FTP and as a bonus you get a speed boost while you FTP I just use that as an App rather than a dashboard

http://www.avalaunch.net/
    How do I go about changing my computers IP address using Windows 7? This is another step in FTP usage and I'm not sure why they usually don't reference changing the computer IP to match the xbox IP.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you have the basic control Panel

Control Panel>Network and Internet>View network status and tasks

If you have all items shown

Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center

Both the above take you to the same place.

Plug that crossover cable into you win7 machine, that should make Local Area Network show

On the left hit Change adapter settings

Double click Local Area Connection

Select Internet Protocal Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and hit Properties

You can figure it from there I am sure

P.S. make sure the DNS Server is different on both XBOX and PC, it could just be the last number
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-November-2013 at 14:09.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

So has anybody found the problem? Because I have the same issue with Conker: Live and Reloaded

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow989 View Post
    So has anybody found the problem? Because I have the same issue with Conker: Live and Reloaded
    I could just upload a working copy

Out of interest what version is your Xbox and how did you copy/attempt to play this

Op used DVD2xbox trying to play from HDD then using the same files from DVD, though it should be a DVD9 (Saying that it will fit on a standard sized DVD if the update is removed)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Hey Zorlon,
    I just got Conker: Live and Reloaded working by burning it to a DVD-R with 2x. I think the problem is still my crappy HDD that I talked about in my other thread but I managed to replace a HDD in my other XBOX. It now has 100GB or so in it now . It was my first time doing it! lol. And i deleted the other .xbe files (dashupdate.xbe, update.xbe) to fit on the DVD-R.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Glad you got it working, still not sure what the real issue was causing thing though I never could reproduce it.

I guess it could of been a dodgy HDD or a lack of space on the HDD that tends not to get reported instead it would just not copy the files, even to the point that it would say all files are coppied (what it should say is that all files are read fine because it does not tell you if you have run out of space).

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I think it might of been bad sectors in the HDD. But burning it to the disk worked fine.