Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mame roms that aren't reading for tiger arcade.

Thanks

Exclamation Mame roms that aren't reading for tiger arcade.

This my first time in the forum. Or in a forum at all. I am having trouble with 3 MAME games. I am using the latest version of the Tiger arcade app for and droid. Which i use for my sony ericsson xperia play. I need help running and playing macross plus, Cyvern, and dolphin blue. Before I downloaded any of them. It said in the description that they r all compatible with tiger arcade app. If u guys can help me. I would really appreciate it a lot.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What version of Tiger Arcade are you using?

With MAME with every update of MAME the roms are also updated so older version stop working and newer versions of the roms do not work with older version of the emulator so you do need matching roms and emulator version, so I need to find out what build of mame tiger arcade is based on

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Its version 4.0.2 of the tiger arcade app. To be quite honest. That is the only mame app that works great for me. I could never get the mame emulators from the playstore to work for me. If u could help me out. I would really appropriate. Or if u can suggest a alternative way. I will be happy to give it a shot. I just really want to play macross plus cyvern and dolphin blue.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Can't seem to find any information about this at all, there is no information as to what version of mame this is based on so all I can do is give you roms from the commonly used version of MAME that was used for those game, I will check later though and find out what game you are trying as not all games supported by mame are even playable.

If this is based on the version of MAME (0.37 beta 5) that most other mobile versions are based on none of the games you want to play are listed, so try something like 1942 to test with

P.S. Dolphin Blue is listed in the latest version of MAME but is not working, the other 2 games are working but no mobile ports use that versions core, you are simply not going to be able to play the games you are wanting via emulation on a mobile phone.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-November-2013 at 10:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

If it helps on all 3 roms it say the emulators that r compatible r Android: MAME4Droid Reloaded [Version: 1.1] Size: 19M

Tiger Arcade (MAME) [Version: 3.0.5] Size: 4.3M. I hope that info can help u to help me. I really don't understand theMame4droid reloaded very well. It really pisst me off. The tiger arcade is the only one that works for me. I tried contacting the developer of the app but, still no response. Why is this so damn complicated.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

they are not there is no version of MAME that can play Dolphin Blue

where does it say these games work with MAME4Droid Reloaded?

MAME4Droid is based on the version of MAME I mentioned before and does not include any of the games you are wanting to play

Untitled.png

the screen grab is from the latest version of MAME being 0.151, the game is not yet in a playable state, the hardware used is Sammy Atomiswave Hardware and no Sammy Atomiswave Hardware games are playable in MAME, neither are any of the NAOMI hardware games that Atomiswave is a build on, also none of the Android MAME emulators are based on the latest version of MAME and no phone is fast enough to run Atomiswave games anyway
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-November-2013 at 15:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

It actually says that when u find the dolphin blue rom. When u click on it and go down to the page. U se that it says emulators. And top. Ten emulators that play this rom. And finally u see android emulators. And u will see tiger arcade and the other.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

that is just top MAME emulators it does not say the game is playable in any of those as it is not neither are the others playable in any version MAME for android.

the recommendations are for mame emulators in general (not for individual games) and I am sure it is a good one but they do not work with todays MAME rom sets but with an older rom set that does not include the games you want to play.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-November-2013 at 17:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

What about cyvern and macross plus. I know that those r mame. Why cant I play Them on tiger arcade.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I already went through this but the version of MAME (0.37b5) that Tiger is based on does not play those game

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Would u happen to know what mame emulator for a xperia play can play these 2 games.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yep none will

I done a lot of digging the last few days for you over these :/

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

So its pretty much a lost cost huh. I wouldn't be able to play cyvern or macross plus. That just sucks.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yep the penny finally dropped.

the only way to get these on the move is via a portable X86/X64/OSX/Linux machine.

I can honestly say I can't see any other ways to play those just yet for a few years

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

In ur opinion is there a better mame app than tiger arcade. Also I would like to thank u for ur help. And aecind u wouldn't happen to know all the awesome shooter that work for tiger arcade.