Thread: Wood R4 weirdness on R4i Gold 3DS (www.r4ids.cn)

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Wood R4 weirdness on R4i Gold 3DS (www.r4ids.cn)

hi again guys. now i'm having a bit of trouble running Wood R4 1.62 on R4i Gold 3DS www.r4ids.cn i grabbed the files and installed them on the root of me SD Card but when i turned my DSLite on after that nuthin shows on screen. black screen. can anyone tell me how i can get Wood R4 on www.r4ids.cn cards?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

just blow on the contacts and try again

the contacts in the DS and the micro SD slot

P.S. you do need to keep the file stucture

_DS_MENU.DAT & _rpg folder should be on the root, there are also a couple of txt files but those are not needed

http://www.r4wood.com/pages/Wood-R4-Kernel.html
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-October-2013 at 09:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

actually me extreme SD Card and the R4i Gold i got are still fairly new. that the structure i made on me SD Card but when i put it back in my DSLite and sterted it up nothing shows. anyone willing to........
    Last edited by SosoMotoku312; 31st-October-2013 at 12:45.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Bet you wish you got a good flash kit there are plenty that work just fine on the DS Lite it's the 3DS and DSi that are limited to what works on them, but all DS kits will work on the DS Lite

If the file structure is correct then it should just work.

You can try and return the flash kit as faulty, personally I would return it to the seller and ask if you can pay the extra to get a SuperCard DSTWO or an Acekard2i or maybe a M3 Real kit with the GBA expansion if they sell those and be able to play GBA and DS perfectly

P.S. one last thing you could try is to reformat the MicroSD, use SDFormatter to do that to ensure it formats correctly, do not use windows format option.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-October-2013 at 15:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SosoMotoku312 View Post
    hi again guys. now i'm having a bit of trouble running Wood R4 1.62 on R4i Gold 3DS www.r4ids.cn i grabbed the files and installed them on the root of me SD Card but when i turned my DSLite on after that nuthin shows on screen. black screen. can anyone tell me how i can get Wood R4 on www.r4ids.cn cards?
    I had the same problem.
    You must install v1.61, then run the updater software from Upgrade Patch Area.
    "R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSL.nds" select it from the wood menu on your 3DS or DSL.
    IMPORTANT READ INFO / watch video, about cutting the line after update is successful and working.
    You only need good eyesight and a steady hand. (don't panic it is easy.)
    then install v1.62.
    Last edited by acidhead; 14th-December-2013 at 22:29.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please do not revive old threads.

P.S. the OP was running this on the old DS Lite the card should of just worked, the update was just for 3DS consoles that required the line to be cut

Closed.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-December-2013 at 23:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]