Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black (The Game)

Thanks

I gave up on trying to get it to work lmao
    I'll just get an Xbox 360 and buy the game, I don't mind spending the money.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Or buy an original xbox soft mod it and play all the xbox games plus emulators that are for xbox (there is no xbox emulators for PC though, the closest you get to xbox emulation is playing the games on a 360)

Get yourself a PS3 instead, free to play online (never liked paying extra on top of the games just so I can have online playability) playstation have PS+ instead about the same price as Xbox Gold but instead of letting you play online as you can do that anyway without any subscription you get games at no extra cost each month instead

I got myself a PSVita because I am a PS+ member as a lot of PSVita games are free with that service as well (not totally free there is the subscription fee that is about the same as it is to get gold on the 360) all my PSVita games except 2 games 1 I got as a download code with my Vita and 1 I got at the same time as I got Vita the rest of my games I got via PS+

The only downsides to this service is that you may already own some of the games that come onto this and you do need to be able to store these on to the internal HDD so if you have a small HDD with the PS3 that can be an issue (Same for the Vita but that uses over priced memcards, don't know about now but when I got that there was no 3rd party memcards just, sony ones)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-November-2013 at 14:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

...wasn't "Black" for PS2 and Xbox (not 360)? If yes, isn't there already an Xbox Emulator for PC? Because PCSX2 can't run Black at full speed, I don't know why, it's one of those games that still run in slowmotion (even with a monster OC PC). And it's not the brilliant game you might think anyway, it's just a shooter and there are many better ones directly for PC. ^^ Try to compare just Crysis 1 with Black and you know that Black is no option. And I'm not talking about Crysis 3, which is THE reference in game engines, gameplay, graphics, sound etc.

BTW,

PS1 / no Xbox
    PS2 / XBox
    PS3 / XBox 360
    PS4 / XBox One (a.k.a. NSASpyBoxAiO)

You all talking about 360 or One, for what? Black was on the very 1st XBox. ^^ Oh and Sony was always more user friendly with all 4 Playstations. So Zorlon's tip with the PS3 might be a good option.
    Last edited by messiahgov; 27th-November-2013 at 20:34.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A 360 can play most xbox original games from retail discs, much the same as a PS2 can play most PSX games and the original PS3 could play PS2 games and PSX games (I know the PS3 can only play PS2 games via the PS Store now but the first model could play PS2 discs)

PS2 version has already been talked about here and is a poor quality version
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-November-2013 at 21:20.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

A shame, I never had a XBox. But the info about the first PS3 model is interesting. Are there any disadvantages to newer models and where can I get one? Maybe via PM?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the only disadvantage to newer PS3's is that the new ones don't play PS2 discs, but most the older models will be faulty by now, my PS3 is mid range, works just fine though I do have to keep it well ventilated or it will over heat.

Oh I forgot there is another disadvantage the older ones can be soft modded but newer revisions can't, then again personally I have no interest in doing that, specially as I am a PS Plus member and do use the console online ect.. I would rather it be legit while I can still do that.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: