Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No idea there, there should be a number regardless of the issue.

Error 21 will of been caused because you messed the dashboard files up

21 - anywhere -

This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag

This occurs frequently when the xbox is unable to boot due to dashboard changes being made (ie Gcue true blue hasnt been resigned, parts of the stock dash are missing - incomplete FTP backups copied to a new HDD for example)
    ftp over the entire custom dash, there is no special setup to keep skins, but if there is something missing this may cause the skin to be reset, myself I have been using XBMC for years now with the skin MC360 with a older 360 clone skin used.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-October-2013 at 23:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

error 21 was only temp just wanted more info on other's prob I'll try to fix the skin I'll be putting old hdd from new xbox into the old one once I get reader with softmod C and E files I backed up before the mess up will this files work in older xbox? When it starts up is says unleashX instead of [X] are the skins too new for the mod I had to install?
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

providing the old xbox only had an issue with a messed up HDD then yes what you describe should fix it, all you need to do really is clone a working xbox HDD then lock it with the correct eeprom

So what you can do is just make sure the older HDD works in the new xbox first then unlock the drive and lock it with the older xbox's eeprom, if the older xbox does not get fixed with that then it is more than the HDD that has issues

As I don't know what skins you are talking about I can't answer your question, UnleashX is a custom Dash and not one I use. I use XBMC instead, now known as XBMC for XBox due to there being PC versions now
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-October-2013 at 12:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This is the default skin,Img00004.jpg and this is the skin I'm trying to set as default when I turn on or exit a game Img00005.jpg It says in the skin menu start+Ax2 is save but start makes it exit and I change it in option to E:/Skins/CyberOrange reset like it says then back to default.
    And the old hdd from old one in new xbox is that what you mean?
    Last edited by soratron; 1st-November-2013 at 04:11.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well it was silly to say the skin is too new for the dash as it just wouldn't change if that was the case, no idea about saving it like I said I don't use that dash...

No idea what you are talking about there... unless your talking about the drive to be used in the old xbox, you can make clone of the hacked system drive with the new xbox then unlock it and lock with the eeprom from the old xbox to make a working drive for the old xbox

I changed xbox's but I kept the same HDD I just unlocked it, then re-locked it using the eeprom from the xbox I changed to.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-November-2013 at 09:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

So unlock current hdd then put cloned one in lock it transfer 8gig to old one then lock with eeprom in xboxhdmaker okay thanks this should reallly help things providing the cd-r works and I get past the unknown error thing again thanks.
    I also fixed my skinning problem I just have to edit and reftp the config file after editing the skin settings.
    Last edited by soratron; 2nd-November-2013 at 07:40.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For the skinning it's not something I have to do with the dash I chose, so i wouldn't of been any help :/

Something like that yeah you are just making a clone of the current drive then locking the cloned drive the older xbox's eeprom, if you ever recover that.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have to wait till next month to get the eeprom reader and discs so I'll check back in then the first party controller is on it's way so I don't have extra $$$ for reader had to budget for food/bills not a lot left to spend after budgeting.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Everyone has to budget at the moment I have no extra cash for anything, out of work and can't claim for anything my gf is working though but only just earns enough to cover the bills/food, lolz I would have more cash if I was single, but asides from cash we are happy and that is all that counts.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Hey there, maybe you can help me out. I have been hearing about the ability to "zeroize" my HDDs. I have a HDD from the first OGXB I paid a guy to mod for me years ago, I have since then learned to mod the OGs myself. Long story short; The first OG is toast, but I saved the HDD from it. Can I put it into another OG modded box? I do not have the password to unlock the HDD though.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Admaxster View Post
    Hey there, maybe you can help me out. I have been hearing about the ability to "zeroize" my HDDs. I have a HDD from the first OGXB I paid a guy to mod for me years ago, I have since then learned to mod the OGs myself. Long story short; The first OG is toast, but I saved the HDD from it. Can I put it into another OG modded box? I do not have the password to unlock the HDD though.
    Was the old "dead" Xbox hardmodded? I'd resurrect that if it was.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Admaxster View Post
    Please create your own thread for your issue, do not jump into another's thread.

Also give more detail and let us know what OG is to start with.

Thread Closed.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]