Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: RE: Just purchased Sturmwind - Plan on 'cracking' the protection, if possible

Thanks
    EP Points

Think i'm finally giving up on this. Tried 3 different types of cds and 5 different computers/burners. I cannot get one to burn that does not have the read error message. I appreciate the release though. I wish I could have gotten it to work.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

read how to get it to boot up correctly, your burns are likely all fine (If you followed the instructions) but this one does not just work like most Dreamcast games you need to follow the special boot instructions

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks, I did see how to get it to boot the special way. I thought some people said they were able boot it without having to take off the top of their consoles or shake it. I may give that a go, but I dont really want to put extra wear and tear on my dreamcast.

edit:
    I was able to boot with the lid off and stopping the disc so my burns worked. Thanks for posting the rip.
    Last edited by mickcris; 9th-May-2014 at 02:11.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I know it's not ideal but as far as a backup version of this goes that is the best that can be done at the moment.

The original was out of stock last time I looked but if you can find it second hand for cheap enough if you think the game is worth it then you should consider buying it.

For me I don't think it is worth buying though it is fun to play there are plenty of other games I would play over this one that are more my thing

I am not saying the game is bad or anything in-fact I think it is great game but I would rather play an Adventure game, be that an RPG game Action game or other type of adventure, something I get to explore in and get a feeling of depth from the game, basically I like games with a bit more involvement/interaction.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    OK still not working for me but I may just need to quickly re-tune the laser pot on me Dreamcast, I will look at that another time though
    [Again I am not getting the Read Error that others have had it just does not get past the Warning Read Before Playing screen]

Anyway I re-upped the simple files and made a couple of bat files to make the process noob friendly or as much as I could

First grab the files from the code (created by DoDonpachi88, I just re-uploaded them) it's the iso data 2nd session track wav audio tracks for the first session

[code]STURMWIND.part1.rar (100 MB)
    Hi there, This file host seems to have been shutdown. Are there any mirrors to this? I want to play it but they dont even stock it anymore, There last "preorder" went badly also so not willing to hand over my cash for a long waited maybe that has no date

Thanks for your time

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]