Page 60 of 266 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110160 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ben 10 Affleck-Out: I feel like fame is wasted on me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ikusagami View Post
    Affinity Points Given. I actually haven't met many fellow fans, and it's hard to get people into a series that spans over 12,000 pages.
    I feel ya though; I used to tear through the books as a kid, but I've been stalled ON the climax for months now. It's sad that I'm enjoying editing a book I've read two times more than the finale of a series I've been following since I was 11.
    I blame Sanderson; he's a decent writer, but I really don't think he was up to the task.
    He has a "summer blockbuster action movie" writing vibe. Doesn't work so well for the exposition sometimes, but great when you dedicate an entire book to the Last Battle. I know he was given the ending that Jordan had envisioned, so I'm happy with what he did, and he stayed as true to the series as he could. Whether he was the best person for the job, I have no idea, but Memory of Light felt like a huge action movie to me and had my heart pumping a few times, which is very rare for a novel to do.

He won me over, personally. I'm going to check out his Mistborn series next, I believe. I've heard great things.

Thanks
    EP Points

I am going to continue my LPs eventually, when I'm not a total lazy fuck.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The VCR View Post
    That's generally how I feel about life.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    That's generally how I feel about life.
    It happens.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The VCR View Post
    I took that stance about 2 years ago.

I haven't made a video in 2 years.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    I took that stance about 2 years ago.

I haven't made a video in 2 years.
    But you have the best blog entry I have ever seen.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've been elbowed awake many a time for sleep humping.
    As a bachelor, cats won't cuddle with me, for some reason.
    Dry humping your cats?
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

He has a "summer blockbuster action movie" writing vibe. Doesn't work so well for the exposition sometimes, but great when you dedicate an entire book to the Last Battle. I know he was given the ending that Jordan had envisioned, so I'm happy with what he did, and he stayed as true to the series as he could. Whether he was the best person for the job, I have no idea, but Memory of Light felt like a huge action movie to me and had my heart pumping a few times, which is very rare for a novel to do.

He won me over, personally. I'm going to check out his Mistborn series next, I believe. I've heard great things.
    His more modern writing style does have a kinetic pace, if it abandons R.J.'s more poetic, embellished, narrative. He's a lousy psychologist though, something that's important for a writer. . .especially one who's taking over somebody else's characters.
    Thankfully, he didn't render them into archetypes, but he did render them into his own MBTI type, and have them try to fit themselves, consciously, into archetypes that fit their ends. For some, it worked--Rand was written that way originally; forcing himself to become an INTJ over the series--but for others (Lan/Mat) it didn't. Can't comment on the ending yet, though.

As for action feel, have you read R.A. Salvatore? He has a similar style, but I think pulls off that Blockbuster actiony feel better. It's probably why I'm disappointed in Sanderson, everything he does well, I've seen from somebody else who does it. . .weller. But to his credit, I find his style MUCH more enjoyable than Feist!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by God of Battle View Post
    Dry humping your cats?
    What can I say, I love the pussy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    But you have the best blog entry I have ever seen.
    I wrote that about 4 years ago, with plans to make it an ongoing thing.

Still haven't written part 2.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

His more modern writing style does have a kinetic pace, if it abandons R.J.'s more poetic, embellished, narrative. He's a lousy psychologist though, something that's important for a writer. . .especially one who's taking over somebody else's characters.
    Thankfully, he didn't render them into archetypes, but he did render them into his own MBTI type, and have them try to fit themselves, consciously, into archetypes that fit their ends. For some, it worked--Rand was written that way originally; forcing himself to become an INTJ over the series--but for others (Lan/Mat) it didn't. Can't comment on the ending yet, though.

As for action feel, have you read R.A. Salvatore? He has a similar style, but I think pulls off that Blockbuster actiony feel better. It's probably why I'm disappointed in Sanderson, everything he does well, I've seen from somebody else who does it. . .weller. But to his credit, I find his style MUCH more enjoyable than Feist!
    My problem with Salvatore is that his characters started to all fall into cliches. Brooding, outcasted protagonist (Drizzt), misunderstood brutish tough guy with occasional anger issues (Wulfgar), obvious allusions to Christianity (Demon Wars series), or just straight up strange time travelling shenanigans (Ynis Aille). His stories started to become far too predictable, and therefore loss their appeal for me.

It probably didn't help that I discovered them when I was ~10 years old. When I started reading more high fantasy/sci-fi, Salvatore just kind of paled in comparison. I find his writing style easy to follow and get immerse in, but the plot usually doesn't keep me interested for longanymore.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Everyone crash already?
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by God of Battle View Post
    Everyone crash already?
    Watching hockey and trying to find the energy to do some laundry, then play some more Sly 4.

I have no talking points that anyone wants to engage me on, therefore I've stopped posting unless I see a convo I can jump into.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Watching hockey and trying to find the energy to do some laundry, then play some more Sly 4.

I have no talking points that anyone wants to engage me on, therefore I've stopped posting unless I see a convo I can jump into.
    Got a point