Page 263 of 266 FirstFirst ... 163213253258259260261262263264265266 LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 3976

Thread: The Ben 10 Affleck-Out: I feel like fame is wasted on me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Gorillas in the mist...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    Gorillas in the mist...
    voodoo
    runnin' from my magic

Thanks
    EP Points

Ikusagami's here, everybody!
    Let's get this party started!

http://youtu.be/IhrnwUAGbXo?t=40s

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

I thought we were being internet tough guys.
    You need to be more musical.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well this place is dead.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's alive in places.

See!

*pokes*

It's moving!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm pretty sure that's the vibrations from you poking it. With a sledgehammer. At terminal velocity.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

*fart*

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Just got done watching all of Shinkai Makoto's original works. Pretty good, although he seems to really love to
    Spoiler warning:
    Go with the sad/depressing ending

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    Just got done watching all of Shinkai Makoto's original works. Pretty good, although he seems to really love to
    Spoiler warning:
    Go with the sad/depressing ending
    I'm the one guy not much impressed by Shinkai. I like depressing stuff, but he tends to focus on the theme of separation without bothering to build a foundation first. It just doesn't have as much impact as if the relationship was more firmly established before tearing it apart.

The one exception is Kotonoha no Niwa, which a friend on MAL pointed out is the reverse of typical Shinkai (hence me liking it), because it spent the entire time actually building a connection between the characters rather than just severing a connection that is left entirely to our imagination.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ikusagami View Post
    I'm the one guy not much impressed by Shinkai. I like depressing stuff, but he tends to focus on the theme of separation without bothering to build a foundation first. It just doesn't have as much impact as if the relationship was more firmly established before tearing it apart.

The one exception is Kotonoha no Niwa, which a friend on MAL pointed out is the reverse of typical Shinkai (hence me liking it), because it spent the entire time actually building a connection between the characters rather than just severing a connection that is left entirely to our imagination.
    Kotonoha no Niwa was my favorite, and probably the first, but the others weren't exactly bad. The Children who Look for Forgotten Voices(probably wrong) was also rather interesting/good. I mean, some of his earlier work was rather meh, but it was his first few, so I still think they were pretty good. But TCLF and KnN would take the cake for me. 5 centemeters per second was just depressing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    Kotonoha no Niwa was my favorite, and probably the first, but the others weren't exactly bad. The Children who Look for Forgotten Voices(probably wrong) was also rather interesting/good. I mean, some of his earlier work was rather meh, but it was his first few, so I still think they were pretty good. But TCLF and KnN would take the cake for me. 5 centemeters per second was just depressing.
    I'd forgotten Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo (Children Who Chase After Stars was the original Japanese title) was Shinkai. I did like that one, but my interest flagged in the last quarter or so. It also had a very Ghibli feel to it (I just googled, and it seems it isn't actually Ghibli, as I thought), and I have a strong antinomy toward Ghibli for basically being a Japanese Disney.

I'm also the one person who felt NOTHING while watching Byousoku 5 Centimeter. I've heard it called 5 depressions per second, but I simply wasn't moved by it. I didn't feel divested enough in the characters' relations to give a damn how they developed.
    Granted, I've seen the ENTJ personality profile paraphrased as "emotionally stunted narcissist" and a friend on MAL is on a quest to find an anime that will "melt the armor around my heart". . .so yeah. Just not really my thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    5 Centimeter

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Is it Thursday night at midnight yet?

Thanks
    Blog Entries