Page 10 of 266 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ben 10 Affleck-Out: I feel like fame is wasted on me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    I know I want it so badly too, I'm going to be at GameStop first thing tomorrow morning to get it.
    Bitch GF wouldn't let me take any time off. I reserved mine at Target for $1 each. Upon purchase, I will receive two $5 gift cards.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So Beelze. You have mentioned several times over offering to fund a project of mine. What does that mean exactly? Would you like to double your money?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    So Beelze. You have mentioned several times over offering to fund a project of mine. What does that mean exactly? Would you like to double your money?
    Double my money? Why would I want to do that?

Yeah, I'm down to fund your project, whatever it may be. Just let me know how much you need and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Bitch GF wouldn't let me take any time off. I reserved mine at Target for $1 each. Upon purchase, I will receive two $5 gift cards.
    I got Y waiting at GameStop for me, and I'm using trade-ins to get X. That sounds great though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Damn it's early, but I'm tired. So time for bed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    One can never have enough cannons. Yeah!~

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    You may not notice at first, but after the fifth time of watching, he grows a massive gun from the groin.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So what's your new project Jazz?! The suspense is killing meeee!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post

Fund Sheik's drinking?

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Double my money? Why would I want to do that?

Yeah, I'm down to fund your project, whatever it may be. Just let me know how much you need and I'll see what I can do.

I have something completed, but am still calculating costs and profit margins. It is nothing new, just a new take on the midi Interface for gameboy. I figured I ought to make it since no one really has made a semi-commercial version. The few people who have made them for profit do so only by hand, one at a time, based on the Arduino Pro Mini which adds a fair share of cost considering all of the extra components that are unnecessary.

At the heart of the ARBoy is the Atmega168. Thats it. A $2 component, programmed with a simple "sketch." Six LEDs flash and it connects to the gameboy.

If my addition is correct, then I can make one for $13. For another $4, I have designed an acrylic shell (to be laser cut/engraved by another bloke) which will make the thing look like a true work of art. An example:

example

Say for example, I see them at a ridiculously below-market-value $50 each. I make $33 in profit and if I do 10 at a time, thats $330 profit. Then again, $50 sounds more like a kit price where I do NO work and sell them as "DIY." A complete board should be around $70.

I just need to come up with umm...$58 for components, $40 for the enclosure and $18 for boards for a grand total of $116.
    I did sell the last two gameboy programmers that I built for $100 which I turned around to buy everything I needed to populate the other 10 boards. Once I sell them off at Kitsch-Bent's store, I will have enough to fund the ARboys and money to pocket.

The reason I can't make any real money on the gameboy programmers, is because the guy who wrote the software, released it to the public for non-commercial purposes only. All that means is that when you mention it, people start getting all butthurt and calling you a thief. As far as im concerned a non-commercial GNU licence (or whatever) just means that they are not available to people who really want them, unless they build a shitty home-etched PCB and hand solder the mess.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Also should note that DIY projects fail if there are any SMT components at all. They are daunting, but give them a shot at least.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds pretty cool. I'm definitely in. Seeing as how chiptunes are all the rage nowadays.

Also, that acrylic case looks pretty sweet!

So on my end you'll just need $116 to get the components for the ARBoys? After paying bills and the shipping for the Strategy guides/PC games from that one thread in the Moderators Section. I should have enough money in the bank to fund your project, no problem. When would you require the money?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds pretty cool. I'm definitely in. Seeing as how chiptunes are all the rage nowadays.

Also, that acrylic case looks pretty sweet!

So on my end you'll just need $116 to get the components for the ARBoys? After paying bills and the shipping for the Strategy guides/PC games from that one thread in the Moderators Section. I should have enough money in the bank to fund your project, no problem. When would you require the money?
    Im not asking for $116. I was just sharing the grand total of a project such as this. Give me another few hours to look over my board design and i'll gladly take $28.
    There is no use in ordering components that will be here two or three weeks before the boards.

I do very much appreciate the offer and would/will return the money after I make it back, prior to taking a profit.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Im not asking for $116. I was just sharing the grand total of a project such as this. Give me another few hours to look over my board design and i'll gladly take $28.
    There is no use in ordering components that will be here two or three weeks before the boards.

I do very much appreciate the offer and would/will return the money after I make it back, prior to taking a profit.
    Heh, oh okay. Even if you were asking for $116 I would've still done it. I can totally swing $28 though, no problemo. True about the components, no need to order them right away just to have them sit around collecting dust while you wait for your boards. Yeah, go ahead and look over your designs and make sure that $28 is all that you need. When you're sure I'll send you a Paypal payment in a jiffy.

I'm going to be leaving for a bit though, so you know. Got to drop something off at the mailbox and stop by my mom's but I should be back shortly. We can finalize everything then.