Thread: Issue/problem with Tomb Raider II (E) for ps1/psx

Thanks

Default Issue/problem with Tomb Raider II (E) for ps1/psx

Namely the one you can download direct from emuparadise (as opposed to the one you have to download from a 3rd party file sharing place ....and wait nearly 3 hours to download the file)

Anyway, i have tried it with a couple of emulators epsxe (180 and 190) and also Psx v113 (psfin)

If you select either new game or lara's home the screen just goes pitch black and it does not resume loading the game

I have tried the other version (as mentioned above) as well as making my own iso from an original pal TR2 disk (via clone cd) and using the same settings (video, sound, cdrom and bios) as per the dodgy emuparadise image on both emulators, I was able to load and play the game the game, so I know it isn't the emulator settings it's a dodgy image

Before you ask, yes i did unpack it with an unarchiver and unpacked it again with pakkiso (by dragging the directory over to the pakkiso shortcut on the d/t)

Perhaps someone wouldn't mind uploading the one from the 3rd party filesharing place here (since that image works)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You just don't have a clue, the only dodgy thing about the image is the user failing to use it correctly

Not converted the image to a single bin+cue
    Opening the cue file that goes with lots of bin files
    Not opening disc image via the cue file in ePSXe or
    Not using the default sound plugin with ePSXe to enable CDDA tracks

any of the above will = fail, though at a wild guess it's the first two that are the same issue

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757 ECM + APE convert guide includes the cue sheet
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?t=40611 Convert the above out to a single bin+cue

EDIT I have even just tested it and yes it works perfectly fine
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-October-2013 at 01:11.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    You just don't have a clue, the only dodgy thing about the image is the user failing to use it correctly

Not converted the image to a single bin+cue
    Opening the cue file that goes with lots of bin files
    Not opening disc image via the cue file in ePSXe or
    Not using the default sound plugin with ePSXe to enable CDDA tracks

any of the above will = fail, though at a wild guess it's the first two that are the same issue

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757 ECM + APE convert guide includes the cue sheet
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?t=40611 Convert the above out to a single bin+cue

EDIT I have even just tested it and yes it works perfectly fine

Wrong and wrong, you need Pakkiso to convert the unarchived file (since the unarchived file contained a 7zipped ecm file and .ape files)

Since you claim to be a mod here I would have thought you'd have known that

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by carmel_andrews View Post
    Wrong and wrong, you need Pakkiso to convert the unarchived file (since the unarchived file contained a 7zipped ecm file and .ape files)

umm what? I don't see how that's wrong the ECM guide has a link to ecm tools which does the same thing? Dunno what you're talking about

As for your second line - well all I can say is you haven't got clue one about what you're talking about there. And snipping back at an Administrator is probably not a good idea

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by carmel_andrews View Post

I never said you had to use the ECM + APE guide it is linked more for the cue sheet that is needed to convert to a single bin+cue but yes that is the original way to convert ECM & APE files Pakkiso is a second later method that still uses ecm tools and ape codecs compiled into a single program, this doesn't work for everyone, just depends on the users setup though

You are so sure about that but you are just making a fool of yourself you really don't have a clue... and please just grow up. (consider this a final chance)

You might want to actually read posts fully and follow the guides to see what the outcome is yourself, ECM & APE guide also tells you how to run multi bin + cue files with ePSXe if you don't want to convert them to a single bin+cue

I did state I tested it myself as I did and know it to be working so please stop the smart arse act and actually follow the advice first, if you still have problems then please ask without acting up.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-October-2013 at 16:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: