Thread: Is there a way to cheat with GBA games on DS Lite?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Is there a way to cheat with GBA games on DS Lite?

Well I finally got me another onyx black DS Lite, and I was wondering if there was a cheat app for DS Lite to use GameShark/AR cheat with them. Also, can the DS Lite launch GBA Homebrew in DS mode? BTW I'm talking about retail GBA games not ROM dumps.
    My Video Game Codes

“Evil cannot create anything new, it can only distort and destroy what was invented or created by the forces of good.”

― JRR Tolkien

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Depends on the Flash kit for cheats

Nope look for DS ports instead, or grab a 3in1 GBA slot device

@ the BTW eh the only GBA you have mentioned is homebrew and those are not retail

Edit: I get ya (cheat with retail GBA carts) well not as far as I know, no, but that is not to say that it hasn't been done. a GBA cheat cart would work anyway though, but may need to be reshaped to fit I know I had to with one of my older GBA Action Replays to make it work with the original DS, can't say I bothered with that after anyway.

You can dump save data via a DS slot flash kit though, hack it re upload it to the cart (test the save via VBA on your PC between dumping and uploading, to make sure it has 1 dumped and 2 has not just corrupt the save after editing)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-September-2013 at 22:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I got the GBA Backup Tool and it works good, just dumped NFS Carbon Own The City and it's 8 Mb and works on VBA.

Get this though: I tried my bro's Ace 3DS on my DS Lite and when it launches GBA games it has a special MS Windows-like border around it, that proves that a cheat system could be made. I tried gba4nds and it's slow with no sound but decent, I think it has good potential.
    My Video Game Codes

“Evil cannot create anything new, it can only distort and destroy what was invented or created by the forces of good.”

― JRR Tolkien

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Neh most of the flash kits can produce a border for GBA games, it's not as taxing as freezing memory of a game though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: