Thread: High-end mechanical gamepads?

Thanks

Default High-end mechanical gamepads?

I am loving my mechanical keyboard, it feels much more sturdy and precise than the membrane boards I had grown used to. Now that I have began to return to retro games and emulation, I am beginning to wear my wired 360 pad a bit thin, and notice the mushy face buttons and uneven triggers. I find myself wishing for a gamepads equivalent to a mechanical keyboard.

I know that arcade sticks take the action of their buttons very seriously, and that most worth their salt are inheirently mechanical. Mechanical keys have a longer functional life than membrane keys; are easily replaced, modified, and tweaked, and they (to me) offer a more precise and tactile feel.

So my question is whether or not a gamepad is available that utilizes mechanical buttons throughout with good pc compatibility, ergonomics, and both digital and analog movement and trigger buttons?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No not that I am aware of, but that's not to say there isn't one.

Never ever heard of a game pad wearing out I use original pads for most my Consoles, though they may need a clean, that I would be careful with, as the 360 pad has lots of loose components in it.

I have been using a PS2 pad for my PSX/PS2/PC/Xbox for years and the same pad has lasted that whole time (I have a USB and a XBOX converter for it) before that I was using PSX pads but possibly used the PS2 pad for longer but the build of the pads are much the same

Console pads are built to last PC pads tend to be the ones that get worn out easy

To be honest you are better off getting a PS2 to PS3 converter aka PS2 to USB converter (it's the same thing), these work better than the 360 pads anyway, (360 deep triggers don't work right for some games/emulators due to the lower triggers not work together it's only one or the other not both at once)

X-Arcade I guess would be an option, but that is not dual analog, but you can get a one with a roller ball that is analog but that's not the same as analog sticks, the dual stick X-Arcade stick are 2 player digital sticks rather than analog.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-September-2013 at 11:11.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR