Thread: Can't play Sega Genesis Collection on PCSX2. It keeps freezing up on me

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Can't play Sega Genesis Collection on PCSX2. It keeps freezing up on me

How can I fix this issue? After I select a game, it freezes up on me. All the other ISOs I've downloaded worked just fine.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You could just run the actual roms in Kega Fusion, much better alternative .
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Any error messages or anything popping up? Or anything in the log screen of pcsx2? (you can click misc and then show console to bring it up)

The compatibility list I checked says it's fully playable as of version 1.0.0 - what version are you running?

In the end emulating the games on a genesis emulator would be much much easier, as I remember the games themselves weren't changed at all for the collection.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Any error messages or anything popping up? Or anything in the log screen of pcsx2? (you can click misc and then show console to bring it up)

The compatibility list I checked says it's fully playable as of version 1.0.0 - what version are you running?

In the end emulating the games on a genesis emulator would be much much easier, as I remember the games themselves weren't changed at all for the collection.
    No error messages or anything like that. It just freezes. And I'm using that very same version you mentioned - version 1.0.0

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    No error messages or anything like that. It just freezes. And I'm using that very same version you mentioned - version 1.0.0

nothing in the console log???

These games are probably using an internal emulator (for the ps2) which is being played on an emulator (if that makes sense) so maybe it causes some problems - could be a sound issue. Try going into the plugin settings for audio and tick the disable processing effects box and try setting everything else down as low as possible (or hell use the module no sound) just to test that.

I'm kinda stumped on this one - only other thing I can suggest is give it a run with the d3d9 software video plugin and turn off any speed hacks to give it the highest compat. possible to see at least if it'll run.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    nothing in the console log???

These games are probably using an internal emulator (for the ps2) which is being played on an emulator (if that makes sense) so maybe it causes some problems - could be a sound issue. Try going into the plugin settings for audio and tick the disable processing effects box and try setting everything else down as low as possible (or hell use the module no sound) just to test that.

I'm kinda stumped on this one - only other thing I can suggest is give it a run with the d3d9 software video plugin and turn off any speed hacks to give it the highest compat. possible to see at least if it'll run.
    I'll give it a shot. If it doesnt work, I'll go with the Sega emulator idea

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I would also just use a Genesis/Megadrive Emulator for PC rather than playing via an emulator for the PS2 through a PS2 emulator for PC, that is exactly what the collection is, it is an emulator on the DVD with roms.

As a bonus you choose what you have in your collection instead of being limited to what the collection has included in it and there are more options to be had via emulators like Kega Fusion and cover more systems as well, like 32X, Sega/Mega CD & CD-32X, Mastersystem, GameGear, really olde Sega computer system games & yeah Megadrive/Genesis.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...86#post1328886 has links to the emulators bios images and roms
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-September-2013 at 10:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR