Thread: PCSX2 1.0 Lag

Thanks

Default PCSX2 1.0 Lag

Hi, I'm currently playing Tenshi no Present for PS2 on PCSX2 and the lag is just terrible. Every thing is fine on the start screen where the FPS is around 40 or 50. Then when I get to the actual game and the FPS shoots down to around 15. What settings should I use to fix this lag? I'm using Windows 7 and the emulator is set to all of its default settings. I'm not quite sure what my graphics card is so maybe that's the problem. Also sorry if this is posted in the wrong place I didn't know where to post it.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you wanna know some basic specs which you should really post here goto the start menu and choose run (or whatever it is for win7) and type dxdiag and post what your cpu and gpu is etc.

Chances are you're running with too high settings. Software mode is always an option but let's see what you have first and I'll check to see how compatible the game is in the meantime

Thanks

Ok, so here's what I got hope it helps...

Processor: AMD C-60 APU with Radeon(tm) HD graphics at approximately 1.0GHz

Chip type: ATI display adaptor (0x9807)

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but 1.0 Ghz is way below the recommended specs to run games on PCSX2 fluently. PS2 emulation requires a powerful rig to run most games constantly at full speed and your machine is too weak for that. If you still want to experiment:

1. Go to the GSDX plug-in configuration and set the resolution to native
    2. Under Emulation settings, find the speedhacks tab and check all recommended speedhacks and EE Cycle Rate to 2 and VU Cycle Stealing to 1
    3. Set your Windows power plan to high performance.

Still, I daresay that getting playable PS2 emulation speed on that machine will sadly not happen.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yikes!

That's pretty low end for...actually very low end for ps2 emulation of pretty much any kind. Only things I can suggest is to choose the software renderer under the plugin settings for video. It's a drop down menu at the top. Direct3d9 software is what you want. Close any and all background applications from the task menu like anti virus etc..

Enable the speed hacks and just move the slide bars one step at a time - try to stay away from bumping up the VU cycle stealing one or at least as high as 1. Which you can find under Config => Emulation settings => speed hacks and you'll see the two slide bars EE cyclerate and the next is VU cycle stealing.

To be honest don't expect much though, a netbook isn't exactly the way to go with PS2 emulation which is what I'm guessing you have - The minimum requirements for PCSX2 are:

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/PCSX...e_and_Software

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Damn Well I guess there's nothing more I can do then, since both of those suggestions made it worse. Usually I can deal with a little lag but this is so bad there's just no way I could ignore it. Oh well since there's probably no way I can play this game I guess I just have to hope that someday someone will make an LP of it. Thanks for trying to help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheSteelAngel View Post
    Damn Well I guess there's nothing more I can do then, since both of those suggestions made it worse. Usually I can deal with a little lag but this is so bad there's just no way I could ignore it. Oh well since there's probably no way I can play this game I guess I just have to hope that someday someone will make an LP of it. Thanks for trying to help.
    Yeah I was afraid of that, your cpu just can't handle the load. Best to play on a relatively decent desktop. Or better yet if you can find a used PS2 and mod it that would probably be the best way to go. They should be dirt cheap now.

Thanks

I have one. I just don't have a copy of the game. That's why I was hoping to try to emulate it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheSteelAngel View Post
    I have one. I just don't have a copy of the game. That's why I was hoping to try to emulate it.
    Well in that case you can try swap magic or a memory card exploit. I don't know much about the console side of things though. But feel free to make a help thread in Everything Console if you need instructions or search the guides and threads on the site.

Thanks

So I followed this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWNaoEfAbdM and things are a little less worse now. The only thing that irks me about it is that during the musical scenes the voice acting is normal but it makes it seem like the sound is going at the speed of light compared to the really really bad video lag . Oh well at least the regular cutscenes with voice acting are ok
    Last edited by TheSteelAngel; 14th-September-2013 at 23:25.