Thread: NSX2

Thanks

Default NSX2

So when I went to download a PS2 ISO, I saw this on its page: "The best Windows emulator for this game is: NSX2". Is EP just trolling or does this emulator actually work now? They even said it's better than PCSX2!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I can't see it but only one way to find out really

I would guess it's like that because of a users comment or vote, nothing to do with us directly

I have seen a few emulators claimed as best for x system and I know myself that they are not

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Alright, but have you tried it lately? I have heard that it doesn't play commercial games (a while back).

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't have a machine that is worth using to emulate PS2 myself I just use my real PS2 at least there are less issues that way

I don't have a mod chip or use a swap trick or swap magic I use a software mod on my memory card that can play patched DVD games directly as if they are originals

The mod I use uses FBMC and ESR, there are other software mods (all use or can use FBMC to launch them) that can also boot games from USB (that can be slow and has issues with too many games) and via a network to stream game data from a PC from what I heard does a good job as well, there is one that lets you run games from an IDE HDD for the older bulky PS2 with a Network adapter and IDE HDD

Anyway the official site for this does not even have the emulator that I kinda feel is odd, they may just be looking for a new home though

http://nsx2.emulation64.com/index2.html was the home page or nsx2.emulation64.com both url's don't exist now and are forwarded to the main site that don't even have the emulator in there download sections

every screen grab I have seen only has homebrew demo's running so no real PS2 software aka retail games so I will presume nothing has changed there

PCSX2 has also had more recent updates but only to SVN releases that may be unstable in parts SVN releases are WIP progress so have small things fixed as they go so on the whole it may be things that your average user may not even notice, though from what I have read there has been some graphics card fixes for nVidia cards that gets a small speed boost and other fixes that would be noticed
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-September-2013 at 20:35.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR