Thread: Problems with PCSX2 for MAC

Thanks

Default Problems with PCSX2 for MAC

Hi! I just registered 'cos I've got a question. I made it on the pcsx2mac forums but they didn't answer me as I am downloading the games from here... So I guess there'll be no prob here.

My question is quite simple, is my computer too old to run the pcsx2? I leave you my specifications here.

OSX Snow Leopard
    Processor Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz
    4GB of RAM
    GPU nVidia GeForce 8800GS 512MB

I've tried almost every speed hack that is on Pcsx2, and even though FFX works quite nice (45-50fps), it gets crashed after the Zanarkard FMV, in the case of MGS2, it goes slowly even in the menu(well, I'd better say that it's in the menu/the Codec, when it performs slowly, and I'm talking about 10-15fps, even though during the gameplay it also goes around 30-40fps)

I'm now downloading Ratchet & Clank, Kingdom Hearts and Ghost Rider, is there any possibilities that these games run nicely? Or I'll need a Mountain Lion to perform these games/emulator (hope it isn't that )

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope your comp specs should be fine, but that based of what PC users use mind and yours are higher than some of the PC users get away with

We don't have much in the way of Mac support here though, but speed hacks are not the only way to speed this up, plus they cause more problems than they solve

Set the res to native, should be 640x480

No idea what the mac version uses for video drivers but try switching those round (for example the PC version switching from the DX11 driver to the DX9 driver speeds things up for some, a software driver may also help)

Make as many of the settings as basic as you can
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-September-2013 at 10:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hi! Thanks for your answer, not a single one here uses mac?

I don't know what you mean with the resolution, well, I know, but you're talking about the computer? Or the emulator, anyway, my minimum resolution for screen is 800x600.

Thanks
    EP Points

You can set the resolution to native when configuring your Graphics plug-in (GSDX for PC users, no idea what the equivalent for Mac is), which may help off-load your GPU.
    Unfortunately, as Zorlon said, almost no one here uses Mac and the problem's source could be plenty: worse optimization of the emulator for Mac, inferior Plug-ins etc.
    As for the games, FFX and KH are easier games to emulate, meaning that if you struggle with these two on the lowest settings, there is no way in hell you can run MGS and R&C fluently.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by fabio90dehita View Post
    Hi! Thanks for your answer, not a single one here uses mac?

I don't know what you mean with the resolution, well, I know, but you're talking about the computer? Or the emulator, anyway, my minimum resolution for screen is 800x600.
    This has very little to do with your desktop resolution, is a graphics setting as SOLDIERSeeD stated

We can give you support but most the info is based upon the PC binary version and plugins

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR