Thread: Need Help PCSX2 Dark Cloud 2 Slow

Thanks

Default Need Help PCSX2 Dark Cloud 2 Slow

Hello,
    I am not sure what I should put up here to get any help with my problem. I am running PCSX2 1.0.0 and trying to play Dark Cloud 2. I am constantly have a fps issue with the game at the beginning during the cut scene fps drops to like 29 and the combat is extremely choppy to the point that I'm constantly getting hit when I normally wouldn't on the actual physical ps2 but unfortunately my physical copy is broken. If anyone could help I would appreciate it very much. I'll provide any information that is needed for me to obtain some help.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You do know you can mod the PS2 to play games directly with no mod chip, it's done just with software on your memcard and boots patched burned DVD games with no swap tricks, easy to install if you have the right equipment, not so easy if you don't, ask about that in the console section

As for emulation it would help us if you gave us some information about your computer system, so we can give you advice based on your system

For a few hints though do look at the speed hacks, though they can have bad side effects

http://pcsx2.net/config-guide.html#SHack

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

Im with zorlon on this one, PS2 emulators dont work great for all games. In addition to what zorlon was talking about ("using software on a memory card, on your ps2") its called FMCB and the software you use with FMCB to boot up PS2 games is called ESR. What you do is: download the game, patch it for ESR, burn and then play. If you have a ps2 and if you want, i do offer Free FMCB install services, just pay postage here and back.

I also do modchip installs though they're not free . In preference, i find mod-chips to be more convenient in terms of simply burning and playing and supports a little more (PS1 backup/original import support, PS2 backup/original import support , video patching on the fly but this feature is not always 100% spot on, 64MB memory card support, etc.

I think the combination of both is perfect: FMCB for playback via HDD, homebrew etc and Modchip for disc media (Backups, Originals, etc).

I dont have experiance with PS2 emulators so i cant help you there, if i could, i would.
    Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 12th-September-2013 at 11:38.

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PCSX2 is quite CPU intensive. What specs do you have?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah... It might be best to get a FMCB made up and use it to play burned games, Its 100% better then trying to emulate the hardware.
    And on top of that it makes the PS2 more useful at least I think it does.