Thread: Need to Downgrade a DSI XL or get new Flash card

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Need to Downgrade a DSI XL or get new Flash card

I'm using Acekard 2i (which was good until i just found out that they stopped supporting the stupid thing)

anyway, i have DSI XL with 1.4.5 and need to know which flash card to buy, where to get it or how to downgrade it

BTW, long time no see guys, whats it been? a month of me lurking?

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The best flash kit to go to from the Acekard 2i is the Supercard DSTWO (pre-updated) to keep the quality you are used to

Same as the Acekard2i you don't need to patch anything you can just copy the nds files direct (you can also use the in-game created saves from the acekard2i in the DSTWO)

You can't downgrade your firmware though that is not an option, I would turn auto updates off if you can though (I never had a DSi I skipped that one and went 3DS that you can just not update when prompted) so you don't find yourself stuck again

If that is a very very new update check the official site and forums for the DS TWO and make sure that is not blocked I know the 3DS just done an update a little while back and the DSTWO team needed to unblock it again

The Acekard2i stopped updating a long while back but so had the DSi

EDIT:

Checked for you the DSTWO does have updates that work just fine on the DSi

http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/

Supercard DSTWO firmware v1.23 support DSi 1.45 and 3DS 6.2.0-12x

I like to keep up to date so I was gutted when the Acekard2i was blocked on the 3DS, so I went with the DSTWO instead and not regretted it

I did not get the DSTWO for it's emulation features, but it does have improved GBA and SNES emulation over other flash kits, but this is not a reason to buy it, the emulation is far from perfect, some games run very smooth despite what I said.

For pure NDS compat without any silly patching the DSTWO is top notch though, much the same features as the Acekard2i though you will need to get used to a new gui

I do like quality over cheap R4 clones though, at least the original R4 was one of the best kits at the time along with the M3 simply (the cards at the time had been the same, there was one connection that could be broken to convert the card from a M3 to a R4 and vice versa) now R4 is just junk that has many many many many many clones, the only good thing is the 3rd party support creating the wood firmware but that's hardly a reason get one
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-September-2013 at 10:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

ok, where can i get one of these cards from a trust-able site, i see they vary in price from $30-50 from place to place. preferably one that takes paypal

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Most places will sell them, but as you can see I'm from the UK

Try the place you got your Acekard2i from

I got 2 from http://www.digitalyeah.com/ I also have had 2 Acekard2i's from them as well that do ship to the US but they take an age to deliver apx 2 weeks if I remember, they don't use Payal but you can pay with a Visa card, these are not the cheapest now though either, but I do trust them.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Most places will sell them, but as you can see I'm from the UK

Try the place you got your Acekard2i from

I got 2 from http://www.digitalyeah.com/ I also have had 2 Acekard2i's from them as well that do ship to the US but they take an age to deliver apx 2 weeks if I remember, they don't use Payal but you can pay with a Visa card, these are not the cheapest now though either, but I do trust them.
    I'm in canada, so can i still use digital yeah? and i can't get it from the same place as the acekard because the site is dead lol

and stupid question probably, but theres nothing special about ordering these right? like if they open the package at the border its still gonna get to me?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Let me move to Canada and try that for you then I can tell you.

Best asking them those questions not me

I live a very long way from Canada

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]