Thread: wii games

Thanks

Unhappy wii games

hey, guys can any one tell me the best way to download wii games onto sd card and play,thanks in advance

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the best way is to get an external HDD, and use the SD as a method to install an exploit

the best method to mod the wii is modmii

the best way to download games to that is to download the game on your PC, extract the file you downloaded so you have an iso (there are other formats as well)

then use Wii Backup Manager to manage the games on the external USB HDD

Running Wii games from SD is not a great idea that and some games are as big as 9GB, not even sure Wii ISO's can be ran from SD (If you could they wpuld be slow running sue to the file access time on the SD port) unless they are WiiWare games in that case I would still run those from HDD as well but they can run from SD but they will lag and or slow down in places running from SD, to do that just use a WAD installer with the WiiWare download Wad (download wads via your PC) install the Wad to your nand then copy the game to your SD using the Wii
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-September-2013 at 22:48.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Actually, running Wii games from SD is a bit faster than USB believe it or not. I have timed it and saw that the SD loaded about 1-2 seconds faster than USB.

Same with DM Lite, they load a bit faster. Running GC games from USB sometimes cause a little lag with certain video types, usually THP.

But I agree with using USB, I have heard SD cards wear out faster than USB drives do. Although I have had my 2 GB SD card since November 2010 and it still works with no problems, probably because it's SanDisk brand.
    Last edited by 47iscool; 8th-September-2013 at 03:46.
    My Video Game Codes

“Evil cannot create anything new, it can only distort and destroy what was invented or created by the forces of good.”

― JRR Tolkien

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Never had a GC game lag or any other game, but I bet I have a different HDD drive as well

the USB port is faster than the SD port (faster than any standard 2GB card) so not sure what is going on for you, to be honest that sucks, you may just need to update the Wii USB drivers as well

If you are using a USB stick then that would be the cause of any slow downs ect, it's not the stick really but the Wii's compat with USB sticks, there are updated drivers that help usb sticks but not sure but how much, I know they do get a few extra games running that would normally end up with issues

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

You're exactly right Zorlon, it's a 16GB SanDisk Cruzer flash drive.

This one right here:
    Last edited by 47iscool; 8th-September-2013 at 13:51.
    My Video Game Codes

“Evil cannot create anything new, it can only distort and destroy what was invented or created by the forces of good.”

― JRR Tolkien

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Right well the driver I am talking about is d2x-cios that by default if you used modmii version v8 is installed that is the last stable version

v10 though has various fixes in it that help USB stick users get better performance from it, it's still not perfect though. P.S. do not get the vWii versions they are for the WiiU only

see https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/w...x_distribution to know what version you want
    see https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/wiki/How_To_Install for install instructions
    see https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/list to download
    see https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/source/list for a list of changes r44 is v8 although nothing mentions USB sticks I just know this from helping others out
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-September-2013 at 14:29.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Right well the driver I am talking about is d2x-cios that by default if you used modmii version v8 is installed that is the last stable version

v10 though has various fixes in it that help USB stick users get better performance from it, it's still not perfect though. P.S. do not get the vWii versions they are for the WiiU only

see https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/w...x_distribution to know what version you want
    see https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/wiki/How_To_Install for install instructions
    see https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/list to download
    see https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/source/list for a list of changes r44 is v8 although nothing mentions USB sticks I just know this from helping others out
    Thanks Zorlon, I never used modmiii BTW, I install my WADs using Waninikoko's WAD manager.
    My Video Game Codes

― JRR Tolkien

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ModMii is just the best method to use to mod a Wii as it sets everything up for you without risking getting the wrong files or versions and bricking the system

Wads are not system files by the way anyway and modmii is not a Wad manager or Wad installer though it has Wad manager installed with it, (MMM) MultiModManager is what comes with it that supports Wad installs as well as cIOS installs and much more

I would even use ModMii to update my system to the latest mods as well as it updates anyway every time you run on your PC

It just gives you all the needed files to mod with and put them on the SD card and HDD, if you use a HDD

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]