Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default XBOX Game Fixes

HDD File Name Fixes = Games that have files named that can't be used with FATX.
    HDD Fixes = Black screen on load or Dirty Disc Errors.
    480p Fixes = these just apply to those using HD component or VGA normally these games only support 480i or 576i video modes.
    HDD Icon Fixes = these are for the few games that don't show an icon on certain dashboards.
    Other Fixes = see individual fixes to see what they do for you.

Here is the A to Z of fixes (well I only needed fixes to Y, but....)

I will edit in more if I manage to make any more

Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-April-2014 at 15:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well it's been a while since I looked at my Xbox I have just made a new fixes

Again these are all based on HDD installed games

NRL Rugby League

• HDD boot - FIXED
    • NTSC - FIXED
    • 480p - FIXED
    • Icon - FIXED
    • File names - NO FIX [just for un-lockable movie files, game will play start to end without these]

Dance UK

• 480p - FIXED

• Reboot - FIXED
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-December-2013 at 12:35.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not Fixed

[I may not be able to do these fixes]

• Backyard Wrestling 2: There Goes the Neighborhood [NTSC][U] (Enable 480p mode)
    • Club Football [PAL][E] (Enable NTSC video modes as well as 480p) [This has various club edditions]
    • Club Football 2005 [PAL][E] (Enable NTSC video modes as well as 480p) [This has various club edditions]
    • England International Football [PAL][E] (Enable NTSC video modes as well as 480p)
    • Furious Karting [NTSC][U] (Fix file name issues) [I'm not 100% sure it needs the two issue files at all, I found no reference to those in any other game files]
    • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban [NTSC][U] (File Name fixes) [I may of fixed this but it requires a lot of testing, the game I found a bit dull so could be a while with that]
    • Kung Fu Chaos [NTSC][U] (Enable 480p) [I have not had much luck with that one]
    • LMA Manager 2003 [PAL][E] (Enable NTSC video modes as well as 480p)
    • LMA Manager 2004 [PAL][E] (Enable NTSC video modes as well as 480p)
    • LMA Manager 2005 [PAL][E] (Enable NTSC video modes as well as 480p)
    • LMA Manager 2006 [PAL][E] (Enable NTSC video modes as well as 480p)
    • Micro Machines [PAL][E] (Re-encode Video's to 60Hz) [re-encoding video did not fix the issue FMV was still jerky]
    • Monster Garage [NTSC][U] (File Name Fixes)
    • NRL Rugby League [PAL][E] (File Name Fixes) [This is only for bonus movies that are not required to play the game (Not had any luck with that one)]
    • S.C.A.R. - Squadra Corse Alfa Romeo [PAL][E] (Enable NTSC video modes as well as 480p) [Not had any luck with that one]
    • Sensible Soccer 2006 [PAL][E] (Enable NTSC video modes as well as 480p)
    • True Crime: New York City [NTSC][U] (File Name Fixes) [I have this fixed but not tested yet] (though this one I have already released I did not test it)

I can't make any promises but I will look at those

To be able to fix file name issues I need to find what part of the code looks for these files and change the file names it looks for as well as change the file names used, some of the games that use names that are not accepted by the XBOX HDD I have yet to find the file that looks for those files to be able to change it.

Most the Enable NTSC video modes as well as 480p ones I have yet to look at, I have fixed one game that way and another I looked at but couldn't find a way to do that in that game.

I think I have looked at every 480i game and looked for 480p code, the ones remaining I couldn't find the correct code to get 480p working (Thats only 2 games out of the many that used 480i and I managed to fix for 480p display)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-December-2013 at 15:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Micro Machines

I'm not having any luck here

I have tried re-encoding to NTSC res and frame rate this does not help in the slightest :/ the FMV still jerks through playback (sound was never problematic)

Yeah I figured out how to demux xbox XMV files to WMV + WAV then re-encode the video at high quality WMV and remux the audio+video back in to a XMV

using a combination of lots of video tools, including

ffmpeg/AVANTI (AVANTI is just a simple front end) to demux the video only
    VLC aka VideoLan the save the audio as a wav
    Windows Media Coder to, convert/re-encode the wmv file with the custom display settings and framerate using the v8 engine
    xmvtool to remux the new wmv and wav file into the new xmv file

the above although never done me any favors for that game, will enable me or anyone else to mod game movie files to fit in with a mod

P.S. both VLC and ffplay can both play XMV files directly, I am guessing from the little playing I have done though that ffplay seems to work best, but VLC is going to be much easier to use
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-December-2013 at 17:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I found here the fix for Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix:
    http://www.emudesc.com/threads/tutor...o-duro.359566/

Shame can't dl the acl file, maybe you can make one?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My copy must be pre hacked I may look later if my copy was not cracked to fix it from HDD I can always do that it's not hard and the link you pointed to tells you how anyway

Translated version of what you linked

I'm reasonably sure this was pre patched with the version I got as I kind of noticed the others needed fixing as I tested everything from HDD
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-April-2014 at 16:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Yeah i'm making my own fixed default.xbe + .bat file to rename those long filenames, but would be nice to have an .acl too

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

acl files are very easy to make, you could make one from the instructions also, but I find acl's unreliable at the best of time so don't bother myself

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Well, i tried patching the xbe but doesn't seem to have those hex values in my copy, can you make one?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm sure I can when I get the chance to look at it.

While you are waiting for me though just post the xbe you have (tell me the region of it) and list the files that do not comply the FatX naming limits

UPDATE:-

I created a quickfix for this game it's not perfect as I have done this blind without having the full set of files to hand

Because I didn't have the xbox games storage HDD hooked up I was not sure what path the loadscreen_career_????? files are stored in so make sure the bat file gets copied to that folder directly before running it

the xbe has also been pre patched as per my other fixes

for now this fix is just attached to this post and is not tested at all, when I get time though I will test on my end and make sure the batch file can do this from the root path (i.e, the path the default.xbe is stored in)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

The path to the files that need renaming is a dir named flash in the root of the game dir. Thanks for the fix ill get to testing later today.

EDIT: just played for about 2 hours and no crash yet...seems to be legit , ill post back if it crashes.
    Last edited by neo-; 13th-April-2014 at 17:09.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wasn't going to scam you with it but I could of made a mistake in it

Don't think I have though

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Well after so many hours of playing (im in the second city now, Atlanta), all i can say is the patch is working as it should Thanks!
    Maybe you want to add it to the list.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Finally updated the list to include Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix [NTSC-U] [HDD File Name Fix] I did add the path into the batch file also so can be ran the same as all the other fixes

I also looked my own copy and it has a few of the files renamed already that either means it was already fixed by the release group or it will crash at some point, but I lacked interest in that game enough to play that far into it anyway.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Nice, heh i don't know, i find the game pretty entertaining , shame the framerate takes a dip sometimes.