Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it safe to keep tape attached to a modchip?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Updated...... please re-read this post

The serial port is just for programming the chip that will already be done

http://team-xecuter.com/x2prog/ the flash kit programming via the serial port hooked up to a PC with a serial LTP port (that was used for old printers)

You will not have any idea what he/she has flashed into each bank so just use what it is set up to or you can try each 256 setup and see if there are any differences

More info at http://z6.invisionfree.com/Supreme_Mods/ar/t10.htm it's just an install instruction but it looks like your setup so yeah it could very well be the 2.3b pro version, the 2.1 pro is not really any different (this also has info on the switches)

At the moment yours is not setup correctly, the switches are wrong, I thought it was set to bank 3 but the switches are the total opposite to the Bank 3 setup

P.S. the mod chip is disabled at the moment to enable it lift the broken switch up to the on pos

Made a better image to use for your switches
    It seems to work okay so far with real discs and and ISOs from the HDD. My main concern at the moment though is how to transfer some more ISOs to HDD using FTP. I don't have a crossover cable, so I'll have to use an ethernet cable and connect the console to modem/router I have right?

Plus, the router is nowhere near a TV screen. Do I need the console to output anything onto a display to use FTP or can I just turn it on for the transfer?

Edit: Ehhh, forget about it. I found an ethernet cable close to a TV which is used to get satellite channels somehow (I think). I managed to transfer Ninja Gaiden Black and it works. Or at least, I think so. There seems to be a problem with the subtitles. Sometimes certain bits of text are repeated or are totally omitted. In other words, they don't always match up with the dialogue. I dunno, is this the same for real disc versions or I did mess up something in the transfer? Gameplay seems fine though. This needs to be moved to the relevant game thread doesn't it?
    Last edited by Serial_Thriller; 3rd-September-2013 at 03:55.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What PC software did you use to FTP?

No this is still in the correct forum, this is still a Everything Console related subject.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-September-2013 at 07:40.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I used FileZilla. The other games I tried seem to be fine. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah it does seem that way and no errors reported but it does mess up and more often than you might think and usually not that obvious until you play so far into a game, you are lucky to have found a game this soon that made it obvious something was wrong.

Filezilla is still great for one or two files at a time but not for a folder full of game data

Use Qwix instead for xbox games, it does it directly from xbox iso's if the game is not in xbox iso format you can also use Qwix to create an ISO, if for some reason a game is in a standard type of ISO Qwik will chuck out an error but you can just extract that none xbox ISO with 7-zip and create a new ISO that is xbox format with Qwix

On a side note if you get yourself Avalaunch and put that on your xbox as an App run that and Qwix to get faster FTP access, Qwix also has extra features for use with Avalaunch such as game managment so you can delete a game and it's save data, this does it faster than doing it directly on the xbox or through Filezilla, I mean much much much faster something that may take 30 mins via the xbox or Filezilla takes just seconds via Qwix + Avalaunch

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hmm, I'll look into that combination. I'm still new when it comes to installing programs on the HDD. Can I just drag and drop a program somewhere and then launch it?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

just ftp xbox progs to either the apps folder or the programs folder depends how yours is set up then you will see that in your dashboard be able to launch it from there, should be in programs or applications

qwix is a PC app though so that runs on the PC end of things

you can use qwix right away if you like, you just get a speed boost if you use that with Avalaunch, this also depends on your network setup though aswell
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-September-2013 at 11:51.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Well, I don't think there isn't anything special about my network. I just connect the console to my modem and go from there. According to the Avalaunch homepage I need to "go into your avalaunch.xml and make sure that BOOST mode is enabled". Can I do that on the console or do I have to edit the .xml file on the PC first then transfer it?
    Last edited by Serial_Thriller; 4th-September-2013 at 13:07.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Edit it on your PC but it should be enabled to start with anyway, was for me and it wasn't that long back that I updated it fresh.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I got around to using Qwix and Avalaunch. That problem regarding Ninja Gaiden Black and its subtitles? Still acting funny. Maybe there's a problem with the ISO itself rather than the transfer? I haven't seen any problems with the three other titles I've tried.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have never had a problem with Ninja Gaiden Black but if you are convinced it is the ISO then grab another copy

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]