Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: The PS+ thread

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I wasn't disappointed with Last Light either.
    Maybe I should consider getting plus

Do you need a credit card (pre-paid or otherwise) or can you just use psn cards?
    yup you can just stick to psn cards if you want

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I was just curious if you needed credit card info at all.

Edit: looks like it's around the same price over here. $69.95au for 1 year.
    For that much I'd expect to get at least 6 free games I would play
    You can't predict what game will be on there but there is usually one full retail game each month of worth for PS3 and one for Vita... PS4 not sure yet, but tag them all for buy when they come up and if and when you do go for PS4 or Vita you will have a collection to get you started

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I wasn't disappointed with Last Light either.
    Maybe I should consider getting plus

Do you need a credit card (pre-paid or otherwise) or can you just use psn cards?
    It's not confirmed that Metro is going to be part of the IGC yet, wouldn't want you to subscribe to find out they added something else

Anyway, the service works differently in AU/EU than in US. We get less games every month but our games are supposed to refresh with a higher frequency. Also, we get all our games usually the first week of the month, while they get some of them every week. Currently we get 5 new games per month (1 PS4, 2 PS3, 2 Vita).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    It's not confirmed that Metro is going to be part of the IGC yet, wouldn't want you to subscribe to find out they added something else

Anyway, the service works differently in AU/EU than in US. We get less games every month but our games are supposed to refresh with a higher frequency. Also, we get all our games usually the first week of the month, while they get some of them every week. Currently we get 5 new games per month (1 PS4, 2 PS3, 2 Vita).
    I have retail 360 Last Light and the first game anyway. All the Bioshocks too.
    Not really interested in buying cross platform games for the PS3, but if I can get some via plus it'd be ok.

How does Vita work? Do you need wi fi to dl/install the games I have no idea and never looked into it.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I was just curious if you needed credit card info at all.

Edit: looks like it's around the same price over here. $69.95au for 1 year.
    For that much I'd expect to get at least 6 free games I would play
    You'll get 2 PS3 games a month. At least. And if you get a Vita it'll quickly add up and you'll think "Crikey! Why didn't I get PS+ sooner, mate? " (Poor Australian impression, sorry! )

Not really interested in buying cross platform games for the PS3, but if I can get some via plus it'd be ok.

How does Vita work? Do you need wi fi to dl/install the games I have no idea and never looked into it.
    No, you can download Vita games to your PS3 and transfer them across using the USB lead. Or you can download them to your Vita using WiFi, it's up to you! But I use the PS3 method.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 11th-January-2014 at 11:27.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

As Dan said you can download and install your Vita games just using the console, via it's own Store, where only Vita/PSP games can be found.
    You can also use a PS3 system (the games are downloaded to your PS3 and then you connect your Vita to it to transfer them).
    Finally, you can purchase your Vita (PS3 and PS4) games through the Sony webstore, once acquired, you can click a button there so your download automatically begins in your systems as soon as you turn them on.

Another good thing about subscribing to this service is that you can share your account with someone else so that person can play all the Plus games (and anything else you get with said account) in their own systems (up to 2 PS4s, 2 PS3s and 4 handhelds, not really sure since they changed it recently but I think that's how it is now).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the info guys. As I've already said; I won't be buying any handhelds

Next time I borrow a Vita I guess I should organise a mem card for it?

Yeah I heard about sharing but I doubt there would be any point...the Vita gets used by the kids all the time and my sister won't even allow her hubby to play "adult" games on it
    I offered to lend them some 360 games a while back (some shooters mostly) and my brother in law asked me if I was trying to cause trouble.

Spoiler warning:
    He's a cop ffs

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

You should just bite the bullet and get a Vita if you do get PS+, you'll never have to buy a game for it as long as you're subscribed to PS+, and if you ever get a PS4 it means remote play too. As well as being a sexy piece of handheld kit.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    You should just bite the bullet and get a Vita if you do get PS+, you'll never have to buy a game for it as long as you're subscribed to PS+, and if you ever get a PS4 it means remote play too. As well as being a sexy piece of handheld kit.
    I played handhelds when I was a kid, but I don't feel compelled to buy them at all
    I wouldn't play them anywhere but at home. If they're given to me that's fine.
    I won't be getting a PS4 for years man, it was the same with the 360 and PS3.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I played handhelds when I was a kid, but I don't feel compelled to buy them at all
    I wouldn't play them anywhere but at home. If they're given to me that's fine.
    I won't be getting a PS4 for years man, it was the same with the 360 and PS3.
    All the more reason to tag games now on PS+ then you will have tons of games on the day you buy the PS4, I will be the same there partly due to cash (price drop when are you comming not any time soon lol) and partly due to me wanting to wait for something I really want for it Nothing to get excited about on it yet, not for me anyway

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    All the more reason to tag games now on PS+ then you will have tons of games on the day you buy the PS4, I will be the same there partly due to cash (price drop when are you comming not any time soon lol) and partly due to me wanting to wait for something I really want for it Nothing to get excited about on it yet, not for me anyway
    I have the cash...I just can't justify spending $500au on a console.
    Never paid that much for any game console and I'm not going to start doing it now
    Plus I've avoided buying launch consoles ever since the original Xbox. And yeah; haz no gaems

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hint, Log into PSN on your PC to tag games on PS+, at the moment PS4 stuff does not show on the PS3 at least not for me that I can see.

Then you can go on your PS3 or Vita if you bother with one or when you do, go to the PSN Store and go to Download List, the ones you tagged on your PC will be shown there, I do download with the Vita myself, but you can do this on your PS3 instead and copy via USB or Wireless (USB is quicker), you can also backup from the Vita to your PC (I do recommend USB for that though (It is faster)) and restore what you want when want it via Content Manager Assistant.

Make sure when you get a Vita buy a large sized memcard for it (these are not cheap either and as far as I know or when I got mine there was no 3rd party versions)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-January-2014 at 22:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Since this is the PS+ related thread, I'm just gonna post this in here.....

DmC is available right now on the US PSN store. Has anyone grabbed it and played it yet? I only ask because the game actually doesn't work for me. I tried it tonight and during the tutorial sequence (when it's telling you how to attack, etc), nothing works. Triangle and Square are both unresponsive.... the only buttons that work are X (which jumps) and O, which just launches enemies in the air. Anyone else had any issues with this?

Frankly I don't care too much, I played the game when it was released..... but I thought it to be very strange that it's totally busted for me right now. And no, it isn't my controller because I've been playing other things just fine, and I even used a different controller to test this to no avail.

Thanks
    EP Points

DmC worked fine for me, I've not played it extensively, but I had a save from the retail version which I loaded up and ran around and smashed some monsters faces in and it worked as it should for me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Since this is the PS+ related thread, I'm just gonna post this in here.....

DmC is available right now on the US PSN store. Has anyone grabbed it and played it yet? I only ask because the game actually doesn't work for me. I tried it tonight and during the tutorial sequence (when it's telling you how to attack, etc), nothing works. Triangle and Square are both unresponsive.... the only buttons that work are X (which jumps) and O, which just launches enemies in the air. Anyone else had any issues with this?

Frankly I don't care too much, I played the game when it was released..... but I thought it to be very strange that it's totally busted for me right now. And no, it isn't my controller because I've been playing other things just fine, and I even used a different controller to test this to no avail.
    I plan to install and try it today. I'll post any problems I encounter.