Thread: Kaillera server error message "This ROM is not available on your computer!"

Thanks

Default Kaillera server error message "This ROM is not available on your computer!"

I am trying to play a Sega Genesis game WWF Royal Rumble with my friend online via netplay in Gens emulator, we both have the same ROM but it just says "This ROM is not available on your computer!" whenever we try and join each others game.

I guess it's a simple fix to make it work, anyone know how to fix it?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just try a different dump of the rom or double check that the roms do match exactly

You can check the crc value of each with 7-zip, just open the compressed rom with 7-zip and look for the crc value there

The screen grab shows the crc of my copy of this game (Note the crc bit will not be located the same as mine I changed the view for 7-zip long ago so it will be off to the right)

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 2694
Size:  42.3 KB

Having the same game is not the same as having the exact same rom dump.

I verify every rom I have with rom tools like ClrMamePro or RomCenter with dat files, so my Rom set is the No-Intro rom for Genesis/Megadrive, though I admit my set my be out of date I have not verified it with a new dat in a little while, if there is a new dat for my set yet
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-August-2013 at 22:30.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR