Thread: Problem with changing iso's on epsxe v1.7.0

Thanks

Default Problem with changing iso's on epsxe v1.7.0

I am currently playing Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete on my epsxe v1.7.0 emulator and to test the change disc function of this emulator I loaded the second disc and selected start game to force the game to require disc 1 to be loaded but when I pressed 'ESC' to exit full screen and then I went to 'File->Change Disc->ISO' and selected ISO #1 to be loaded, it loads the screen but turns black. Is there a way to fix this problem? Because how can I play multi-disc/ISO games if the emulator hangs every time a disc/ISO change is needed?

Note: I tested ISO #1 itself and it also loads correctly so ISO #1 cannot be the problem.
    Last edited by Jiang Jinn; 22nd-August-2013 at 11:37.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's not an ISO problem it is an issue with ePSXe 1.7.0 you have a few options you use D-Tools lite and stick with 1.7.0 using run CD-Rom instead or Run ISO or you can upgrade to 1.8.0 or 1.9.0 or even downgrade to 1.6.0 and use Run ISO still, you can just extract the new or older version of ePSXe over 1.7.0 and all your saves and settings should remain in tact, or you can rename ePSXe to ePSXe 1.7.0.exe and run both or all versions from the same folder

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

My games have also experienced glitches when running in my PS1 emulator. Such as:

1.) Lunar Silver Star Story Complete:

-In non-FMV audio dialogue, sometimes the sound just suddenly cuts and the entire sequence goes on completely mute.
    -When staying in a particular location for too long, the BGM starts to experience noise and this only stops when the location is left, a fight sequence begins (if in a dungeon or any other location with enemies), or a soundtrack from Alex's ocarina is played.
    -Random scrambled pixels appearing below the window for the FMV sequences.
    -FMV sequences are shifted close to the right edge of the screen.

2.) Suikoden II:

-When staying in a particular location for too long, the BGM starts to experience noise and this only stops when the location is left, or a fight sequence begins (if in a dungeon or any other location with enemies).
    -In a fight sequence, the sound effects of item use, various spells, special attacks and unite attacks do not stop even after the command to do so is executed. They only stop after the fight is over.

What is causing these glitches and how can they be stopped?
    Last edited by Jiang Jinn; 29th-September-2013 at 10:34.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1.) Create your own thread

2.) Give details of the system used to play the games

3.) Give details of what emulator you are using and what plugins you are using and the settings

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR