Thread: FFXII Issue

Thanks

Default FFXII Issue

Hello im new here. Uh i got this issue with FF12 which i downloaded cause i havent played it before. Its running very smoothly and i was enjoying it. Until Penelo joined me and i formed a party. Now everytime I move the left joystick to move my character, the game asks me to select a party leader. I select one and it goes away. Until I move the left joystick again and it asks AGAIN! to select a party leader. I choose and it goes away. Until I move that FREAKING JOYSTICK, are u seeing where this is going?

I was curious if this was a common problem among those who play this on the Pcsx2(which is an awesome emulator btw). This has literally stopped me in my tracks and now im worried I won't even be able to play the game, cause if I can't move my character, how can i progress? Now I have found that by continually pressing the circle button, after about three or four times while holding the joystick in a certain direction(lets say forward for examples sake). I can in fact get this to go away and move. Until I change directions and again, it asks me to choose a partyleader. Can I just kill the party leader and be done with it? Plz?

But in all seriousness this makes me very sad faced and I was curious if anyone here knows how to help me out. For information and timesaving I am using a standard Ps2 controller.(its very old). Still it functions with out any real problems. Tho occasionally I have noticed that the left joystick is alittle sticky(like it will continue to move to the right after u have taken ur thumb off of the joystick), tho it doesn't happen very often at all. And i mean rare. It hasnt happened once yet in FF12 and im about an hour and a half into the game. Alos its always to the rite. never any other direction. I have it hooked up to my comp via a converter. And as i said I am using the emulator Pcsx2.

I hope some of this info is helpful in fixing my problem. And if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Check your controller config and make sure the stick is only set up to be the left stick and no other buttons as well.

Never heard of this issue also don't know of any button presses that would ask you to select a party leader, but normally Triangle takes you to the party menu and L3 does nothing in this game.

I guess it could be an emulation error though as well, the cause could be speed up hacks used ect..

As I own a PS2 and that game, this is how I played it back in the day
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-August-2013 at 12:50.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Well the controller configuration is correct. I am much happier now tho cause I found that my 360 controller which is wired usb can play without this problem, so i can and have been playing the game. Currently at the kings tomb.

I myself don't understand it. The ps2 controller i was using is working fine for all my other games. Both PS and PS2 related. And as far as speed up hacks. Well im not using any. I try not to use hacks(as long as the emulator runs fine) or cheats for the game for several different reasons. About the only ones i ever use are the money cheats. Cause I like money. .

But thank you for the suggestions. I should have posted that I got it working before now.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That is odd indeedy if any pad would have some issues it would be the 360 wired pad due to the issue with the lower triggers but only for games that have key combo's that require both L and R lower triggers to be pressed together (I do believe there are drivers that fix that issue with 360 pads)

It is even odder that the problem was the pad itself in the first place, when I do emulate I use a PS2 pad myself hooked up via a PS2 to PS3 converter aka a PS2 to USB converter

It may be an actual fault with the pad I guess, might just be dirt in it or could be a break in the wire, time will tell though for that sort of problem you can't always tell right away unless a button is just not working at all, then it is rather obvious

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR