Thread: Burning PS1 games - multi-track games (with CDDA)

Thanks

Thumbs up Burning PS1 games - multi-track games (with CDDA)

Hi.. the reason I'm making this thread is because the following thread I've made previously is closed http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ning-PS1-games

I just want to share this method with people who are having the same problem as me. Recently I found out that the problem I was having burning PS1 games was because apparently my two Pioneer recorders wasn't the best option for the task.
    Despite the fact that I found out that burning games at 16x and even higher speeds like 40x in my case was better than lower speeds, I was still having issues with some recordings, with games not even booting and stuff..

Ok, then I found out that LG recorders are pretty good burning PS1 games, so I bought a brand new LG GH22NS50, and IT WORKED.
    Burning games at 16x on ImgBurn seemed to solve the situation. The few games that I burned at the moment were working just fine, booting and running smoothly.... until I start to burn MULTI-TRACK games... games with CDDA tracks (besides the regular data track)

For example, games such: Project Overkill, Rayman, Darkstalkers, Earthworm Jim 2, Wipeout 3, etccc...

Unfortunatelly ImgBurn wasn't being able to burn these kind of games properly, even with perfect .CUE or .CCD files, with all correct information and tracks divided correctly. Despite they're playable, they had NO MUSIC AT ALL during gameplay, and I couldn't find any solution to solve this, resulting in a couple of coasters and a lot of stress..

After some days googling trying to find some help to solve this issue, I found this thread: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f20/need...tml#post591486

I decided to try just what the guy said, so I've installed CloneCD 5.3 and downloaded the CloneCD profiles provided there, and... SUCCESS! Setting the recorder as RAW DAO and using the profile "PSX (LibCrypt) Max Read and Write" the games were burned flawlessly with the soundtracks playing perfectly during gameplay. If you don't feel confortable burning at such high speeds, you can pick 16x or 8x using the same profile..

For anyone interested, here's the link I've uploaded on mega.co.nz containing the CloneCD profiles with the "PSX (LibCrypt) Max Read and Write" profile included:

CloneCD 4 Profiles.zip (8 KB)
    http://goo.gl/R2csH3

Just install CloneCD (I'm using 5.3 version) and put the profiles in the folder "profiles" and you're good to go.

I would like to recommend some other things as well, for those who are having problems burning PS1 games:

- Try different kind of media brands
    - Try different recording devices
    - Try different recording speeds
    - Try different programs, like ImgBurn or CloneCD
    - Try different console models (both PS1 and PS2)

BTW, I'm running the burned PS1 games on my PS2 model SCPH-50001..

Well, that's it. I've made this thread hoping it will be useful for someone someday.

Good luck and don't give up!

Cheers!
    Last edited by condor67; 15th-August-2013 at 15:32.