Thread: NullDC problem it can't open Grinch

Thanks

Default NullDC problem it can't open Grinch

I wanted to play Grinch with this emulator but it didn't work.the grinch is cdi and these are important things:
    Os;windows 7
    cpu: intel core i3
    graphic:NVIDIA Geforce GT430
    RAM:4Gb
    NullDc error: "fatal error:fsca-table.bin is missing!in Generate SinCos ->dc\sh4\sh4_registers.cpp:193" (then nulldc stops working)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You have failed to mention the version of NullDC used

The OS is fine for the emulator
    I'm sure the rest of your hardware will be fine aswell

The only things you may have missing asides from maybe not having the latest version, that can be a problem of it's own, is stuff like updated Visual C++ 2010 Runtimes and maybe Direc x 9c runtimes (Direct X 10 and higher does not have all the Direct 9 runtimes so something may still be missing there)

Click me for Visual C++ 2010 Runtimes from the official site
    Click me for Direct X 9c Runtimes from the official site (This does not downgrade Direct X or anything it just adds libs from Direct X 9c)

Click Here for NullDC 1.0.4 r150

The above links to a page with this file but officially they stopped releasing binary exec files since 1.0.4 r136 only to continue releasing source code so the above is a pre compiled version of the latest revision of NullDC

Myself I just use the real console, most don't need any sort of modding anyway
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-August-2013 at 19:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

by using directx plugins and the new version of nulldc the problem was fixed but when i tried to install c++ this message box was opened:there is a newer version on this computer.(I have no idea why it is like this but once i used Dec c ++ and after the project was completed i uninstalled it)any way I don't now how to use keyboard for playing in this version of nulldc (the version that i used had keyboard configuration in option menu)could you please explain it/ note: I couldn't open the official site of nulldc bcs of error 403

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

P.S. just sounded like you already had the latest C++ package installed

lolz most complain they don't know how to set up control pads, most the plugins are for keys but I will quickly step you through it anyway

Set the plugins up first

Options>Select Plugins

Change Maple (Input/Saves) Plugins to

Port A
    nullDC Controller [WinHook] (Jan 31 2013) (drkMapleDevices_Win32.dll:0)
    ¦- nullDC VMU (Jan 31 2013) (drkMapleDevices_Win32.dll:2)
    ¦- nullDC VMU (Jan 31 2013) (drkMapleDevices_Win32.dll:2)

Hit OK

Options>Maple>Port A>Config keys for Player 1

Change the keys to whatever you like using then tap the big OK

That's it.

P.S. the plugins listed as keyboard are for a keyboard as a keyboard not a keyboard as a controller, the only game I know of that uses a keyboard instead of a controller is typing of the dead, but the keyboard on a dreamcast does have other uses, mostly internet use and a few bits of homebrew can/must use keyboard, I have also used a keyboard with Half-Life on the Dreamcast for PC type cheats, I think Quake III can also optionally use a keyboard and mouse.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-August-2013 at 13:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: