Thread: Vertical lines on gb pocket screen

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Vertical lines on gb pocket screen

I just got a gb pocket from one of my cousins tried it out this morning and found the screen had 3 lines going down the right side of the screen, can some one tell what's wrong, why it's doing it and how to make it stop.
    Just talked with cousin he says that he thinks his kid somehow got gum in there and I looked there are some black plastic missing between the pins on the left[right] so anyone that can tell me how to fix this slot or where I can gt a new one please speak up.
    Last edited by soratron; 13th-August-2013 at 02:24. Reason: Talked with old owner
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

emulate the GB on a DS, emulation is perfect

if you are wanting to fix it then places like ebay might have some, youtube have vids for doing this as well.

A simple goolge search for buying

to be honest I don't think the GBP is worth fixing as it is emulated on newer Nintendo handhelds via flash kit or on a PSP via a soft-mod either via a lager screen or original size, with and without filters, whatever options you chose the image quality is better the screen quality is better... ect ect ect... that and the parts for fixing the console are not that easy to come by now, you may be lucky to get parts for another broken console though.

Of the Nintendo handhelds the GBA Lite (with backlight) [can play gb gbc and sgb carts] and the DSLite and up over all have much better screens than the GBP, they are back lit so you don't need the perfect light to play with it (gbp was a nightmare to play on as most light made it so you couldn't see what was going on the screen), and newer screens also have a crisper display

Emulation has very nice custom colour/color paletes than can be used for the olde B/W GB games
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-August-2013 at 14:08.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Your screen connection is probably loose. Here's a video on how to fix it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7D4wZ6a1ZA

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Please, don't revive old threads like this.

If the OP needs further help he can request this to be re-open.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just to interject, vertical lines on the pocket may never be fixed. Horizontal lines can be fixed with heat and patience but is still a huge pain and not 100% even for an experience hand.

This is the opposite for the original gameboy in which vertical = fixable, horizontal = hopeless.

Dunno how I missed this thread before, I know this all from experience. sorry to hear that.
    Last edited by Jazzmarazz; 14th-December-2013 at 18:15.