Thread: Wii - Soft Mod - Some Games Don't Work

Thanks

Default Wii - Soft Mod - Some Games Don't Work

Thanks to many members, especially Zorlon, I was able to succesfully mod my backwards compatible wii in order to play both wii and NGC games. Unfrotunately I noticed that many games that should work without a hitch do not work at all. I'll tell you more about the games that have problems as well as the ones that work without any problems.

The games that work fine so far:
    Muramasa: Demon Blade
    Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Smash Bros: Brawl
    Tatsunoko vs Capcom
    Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing
    Sky Crawlers
    Mosnter Hunter Tri
    Donkey Kong Country
    Fire Emblem
    Golden Eye 007
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    Mario Kart Wii
    Disaster: Day of Crisis

These are the games that give me black screens as I launch them:
    Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers
    Las Story
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Klonoa
    Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Zelda: Skyward Sword

Also Metroid Prime: Trilogy has a significant problem. After launching the game, I make it to the main menu, I can use all the menu options. Unfortunately after I choose Metroid Prime (The first game in the series) my wii restarts and sends me back to the wii menu.

Now to the details, I have the required ios files installed, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play the games I mentioned earlier. I use CFG UsbLoader 70r51. I softmodded my wii to 4.3E (It's a PAL wii) with modmii, but I usually use NTSC games, since I removed the region lock that is not a problem. I also use a western digital my passport 500 gb to play my games, so this isn't a hdd compatibility problem

I checked the installed ios files from my wii settings screen, and these are appearently the ones I currently have:

IOS222 Base: 38 hermes v4 (r4)
    IOS223 Base: 75 hermes v4 (r4)
    IOS224 Base: 57 hermerodries v6
    (r65535)
    IOS 245: not installed
    IOS 246: not installed
    IOS 247: not installed
    IOS 248: not installed
    IOS 249 Base: 56 d2x v8final
    (r21008)
    IOS 250 Base: 57 d2x v8final
    (r21008)
    IOS251: not installed

Of course I do not what do these IOS files do, but a member suggested me to install both:

d2x-v10-beta52-vWii
    d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii

I haven't installed them yet, if you have any suggestions or any info regarding my problem please share.

Thanks in advance.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What idiot told you to install dx2 vWii??

dx2 vWii is for the WiiU only

dx2 v10 may fix issues with USB stick users, but avoid the WiiU version/vWii

The old method to get Metroid Prime working was to use alt dols that you can use now if you like. this is however not needed by USB HDD users but it may be a side effect from using a USB stick or other none HDD USB storage

Be warned that newer version of dx2 including v10 are beta's so they are still working out bugs ect... but this has worked for another user that I was helping that was using a USB stick for the Wii software

Also be warned that installing random ios's can result in a bricked Wii, this is why you use ModMii rather than following an online guide, ModMii only installs stable ios's and cios's including cios dx2 v8 that is the last stable release

d2x-v10-beta53-alt or d2x-v10-beta52 is what you want, do not install vWii versions unless it's to a WiiU
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-August-2013 at 11:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR