Thread: Super Nintendo, Audio but no Video

Thanks

Question Super Nintendo, Audio but no Video

So I recently decided to get back into my old consoles and hooked up my SNES, but I have an issue.

The problem is I have Audio, but no video. I've tried two different type of RF Switches and also the RCA SNES/N64/GC connection and nothing.

There is one exception however, which I find strange which is that if I power on the console, and then reset it I will get video for a max of one second before it cuts out again. (Makes me thing its power related)
    My snes is model SNS-001, using the official and stock snes power supply, one RF switch being from my NES and the other being 3rd party, along with the RCA cable.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
    Last edited by DrFluttershyMD; 6th-August-2013 at 08:17.

Thanks
    EP Points

Blow in the cartridge. Seriously.

Try switching to channel 4 rather than 3 (with the switch on the back of the console, and on the TV). Or vice versa. Most newer TVs I've connected mine to have needed to be on 4, though every TV I used growing up required three.

Jiggle cables. They're old, they tend to have a bad connection.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Blow in the cartridge. Seriously.

Try switching to channel 4 rather than 3 (with the switch on the back of the console, and on the TV). Or vice versa. Most newer TVs I've connected mine to have needed to be on 4, though every TV I used growing up required three.

Jiggle cables. They're old, they tend to have a bad connection.

Thanks for the ideas.
    Carts were clean as a whistle except for my copy of Top Gear which was only slightly dirty (cleaned with rubbing alcohol and qtips)
    Tried both channel 4/3, I also have tried it on my ~2005 dell lcd along with my old arsed crt tv with no avail
    and jiggling the cables doesnt do anything unfortunately, it was also both the RF/RCA plugs that had the issue and back when I played it I never once used the RF plug so I dont see that one going bad.

Good to know I've checked a few more things that I didnt quite think of, I also cleaned the pins on the console as well now just to see and nadda.