Thread: Why is it so SLOW ? (PS2 emulation)

Thanks

Red face Why is it so SLOW ? (PS2 emulation)

So basically i just want to know if my laptop is generally bad or is there something wrong with my plugins/bios.
    I am trying to run God of war 2005 and using a PS2 emulator 1.2.1, after what seems a week of errors and setback i finally managed to make it work but reaaaaaally slow, almost if its in slow motion. Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong,here are the bios/plugins and my specs.

Processor: intel(R) core (TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
    Ram: 6GB
    system type: 64-bit
    graphic: NVIDIA GeForce 525M, intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

GS: GSdx 5875 - tried all of them avx, SSE2, SSE41, SSSE3
    CDV linuz iso CDVD 0.9.0
    SPU2: SPU2-x r5830 2.0.0

BIOS: i tried all of the USA(v01.60 v02.00) and european aswell

I tried using speed hacks but they only speed up the little portion it didnt lag. For example its 10 sec slow motion 2 sec good gameplay, and it only sped up those 2 seconds. if anyone knows whats up please help me :3

Thanks

basically ps2 emulator need a good pc hardware, in your case it's great so don't you worry about that.

what i recommend is using PCSX2 emulator, it has several options to chose from, +check your pc driver, and make sure it's updated.

good luck.

Thanks
    EP Points

Pretty sure by the mention of the speedhacks that he's using pcsx2. In the end it's really the only one available anyways.

God of War is high end keep that in mind. It's one of the harder ones to emulate. However with the latest version/revisions it has gotten better.

Make absolutely sure that the emulator is using the Nvidia chip to run it over the Intel one. It's like 3 times better. Don't go crazy trying to upscale. Run at native or even try software mode. Post a screenshot of your graphics setting if possible.

There can also be a lot of things involved like killing background tasks such as antivirus and proprietary processes depending on the brand name of laptop. And staying offline. Basically make sure your PC is devoted to playing it- if you're downloading a ton of stuff in the background you're going to of course have major dips/framerate inconsistencies for example.

You have a good PC and it should be damn close to running it at while not perfect should be a stable framerate.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 26th-April-2015 at 03:12.