Thread: Read and tried everything, can't get Cyberpad 1.4 to show up on ePSXe.

Thanks

As the title suggests, I've tried different versions of ePSXe (1.6, 1.7 and 1.8) and cyberpad and read a bunch of tutorials, But no matter what I try, cyberpad just refuses to show up as an option within the ePSXe config > netplay menu.

I've even got my friend to send me his complete ePSXe folder, and cyberpad shows up fine on his PC, but without changing anything, it fails to show up on mine and then when I just try to load up a game it says this error message:

" * Error loading [plugins\netSock.dll] "

I downloaded the netSock.dll file, but I have no idea where to put it, as I tried the plugins folder of the ePSXe dir and added it to c drive > Windows > System32 and the 64 bit folder, but nothing changes.

Any ideas how to get cyberpad working? As I'm desperate to play ISS Pro Evo 2 again!

Guessing from the view count and no reply, people haven't seen this error before? If so, are there any other emulators I can use that allows online play?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-July-2013 at 21:05.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What version of Cyberpad are you using?

I don't have the mentioned DLL or an issue with it not being on my system

http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147136 just jump to the ePSXe 1.6.0 instructions as they also cover ePSXe 1.8.0

the kailleraclient - ePSXe Lite edition linked in the above is what I tested instead of what you got with Cyberpad 1.4

I first extracted CyberPad 1.4 to the ePSXe plugin folder then extracted kailleraclient - ePSXe Lite edition to the same folder

For some reason to get it to see the kailleraclient.dll I had to go to Config Wizard Guide, hit skip config and it showed fine, otherwise it was just showing as Disababled Netplay
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-July-2013 at 09:42.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Was using cyberpad 1.4, but I removed cyberpad and put kailleraclient - ePSXe Lite edition in the plugin folder of ePSXe 1.8.0 like you said and then put the file cpka.dll that comes with cyberpad 1.4 into the plugins folder too. There is another kailleraclient.dll file that comes with cyberpad 1.4, so I put that in the main ePSXe 1.8.0 folder.

Then I did what you said, skip config then go config netplay, still shows up blank box and then when i click on the drop down menu it has disabled netplay only.

Then on the link you posted there's the kailleraclient.dll file in the link at the top named kailleraclient - ePSXe Lite edition and two more kailleraclient.dll files in the links within the ePSXw 1.6.0 section.

It's very confusing working out what ones to use and where to put them all. As they all look the same and usually I've read kailleraclient.dll file goes in main ePSXe folder, not the plugins folder, yet you suggested putting it in the plugins folder.

I'm so confused about all this. No matter what I try it just isn't working.

I've even tried to use Ps4net beta netplay plugin for ePSXe netplay and kailleraclient.dll file in main dir. ps4net beta shows up in the netplay menu and the servers load up, but whenever i join or create a game and press start game, with or without someone else trying to join the game, ePSXe just crashes.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's stupid to start with most the 2 player games will fail due to randomness of some games. i.e. it only work with games with fixed enemy routes and events

Because it's only the controllers that is passed online the above is an issue, with SNES online for example this is not an issue because game data is also passed through online

Anyway sounds like you doing every right and it just doesn't want to work for you

Try going to Network before and then after the config wizard
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-July-2013 at 19:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I just solved this. In fact; I joined just now to spread the good news! I allowed ePSXe in my list of Data Execution Prevention exclusions. Right-Click on 'My Computer' -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings @ top-left (Win7) -> Advanced tab -> Performance // Settings -> Data Execution Prevention tab -> Throw ePSXe on the list & you're done! Hope it worx for you, too.