Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can just use the HDD I already said that before .

Format it as I stated

copy everything from the SD to the HDD

Homebrew Channel can read from HDD anyway, you can either start it with no SD card in or you can manually tell it what to read (I think it's the home button on the Wii mote while the Homebrew Channel is open to manually tell it what to read)

I don't know if Homebrew Browser can only use HDD I don't remember off hand, my kid sister has my HDD at the moment, so I can't test that, but look in it's settings.

My Wii only has a 2TB HDD attached when I have it, I don't use a SD card, you only needed that to first hack the Wii

I will not even store anything on my Wii's nand I just use a virtual nand from my HDD instead as I filled out my internal Nand a long time back with saves and Wii Ware, now they are stored on my HDD instead
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-July-2013 at 15:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Sorry im slow the HDD?? you mean the wii's hard drive?

Also I cant find where to even download Skyward Sword >.< im making this far to complicated.

BTW not once has it been able to load the USB Loader or anything USB related everytime it tries it fails.

Oh crap I just noticed on the back of the Wii for the first time the 2 USb ports o.o okay.....I owned the Wii years ago for like 2 years and never once noticed that T_T im so dumb
    Last edited by Darkcaptain3; 24th-July-2013 at 15:45.
    I am a old forum member whose account got lost in the database crash used to be a level 8 user here now I am a 0 :'( miss those old days.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I mean a USB Hard Drive
    'HDD' = Hard Disc Drive

Yes you are but I will guide you through it but lets start small, as in download something small to test with so you know what you to do on your own

We will get to the USB part soon, it helps to have the USB drive hooked to the outer USB port when you start anything from USB it also must be formatted correctly also not all HDD work with the Wii

Lets start very very small first

Ignore all the USB loaders for now

Lets see if the homebrew channel can read the drive first

[Make sure it is formatted first using the ModMii provided FAT32_GUI_Formatter]

Copy the files from the SD card to the HDD

start the Wii up with just the HDD attached (to the most outer USB port) and no SD card

start Homebrew Channel and see if the same homebrew shows that did when you had the SD card insterted, if not press (1) to bring up the menu inside of the Homebrew Channel and make sure it is set to look up files from USB device, it will be grayed out if the USB device is not connected or recognised

I will get to the game but first you need to know everything is working so far, no point in jumping ahead if it's not working to start with.

I'm going out for a while, once that is tested and post back I will move onto getting the USB Loaders working with a small Wii game download, after I will point out a download for Skywards Sword if I can find one if not I will upload my copy for you, either way you will get to playing the game one way or another
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-July-2013 at 16:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Okay ive started the homebrew channel and its the same as when the SD card was in there. Its running off a flash drive. I started USB loader and configured it so it now is reading from the USB Flash drive and its operating normally too.
    Last edited by Darkcaptain3; 24th-July-2013 at 16:22.
    I am a old forum member whose account got lost in the database crash used to be a level 8 user here now I am a 0 :'( miss those old days.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A USB flash drive might cause problems by the way, an external USB Hard Disc Drive is the way to go, but you might be able to get Skyward Sword working if that is all you are interested in

that's good so far anyway

You can try the USB Loader now as well if you like even if you have no games on the flash drive yet

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

USB Loader is working just fine already have tried it. I don't have a usb hard disc drive sadly. Ill have to make do with the flash drive for now.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well you know how it works now

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?81968 is a very small game to test with apx 14MB so will not take too long to download and install via WiiGameManager

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?82042 is the game you want so much, apx 4.37GB it's a big download so test the above before going for the big one that will take a while to download fully

I am off out now though so I won't be able to help further until I get back.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Okay thanks and yes I plan to test the first game you gave me I would hate to download the other and not have it work.

Downloading Mario as we speak

WiiGameManager??? o.o whats that.

NVM also that skyward sword link I did what it said her link is dead though, according to jdownloader said file not found.
    Last edited by Darkcaptain3; 24th-July-2013 at 18:30.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I take it that Mario works though

For skyward let the uploader know he may fix that for you
    EDIT:- I just checked skyward and all the files are online???

Untitled1.png
    Untitled2.png
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-July-2013 at 19:29.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Yes Mario works played it for a bit but lolz I own those Mario games, never got rid of my nes and snes and have those games on them still. I did post in Ragnar's thread stating the link was dead. I did download the PAR2 file and such but it requires the other file cus Ragnar has them split up between a .dlc file and a .vol0 and .PAR2 files

Not sure if Ragnar has the files anymore has he/she uploaded them back in 2012 and no one posted they weren't working as of December 2012.

Cant be I tried downloading .dlc with Jdownloader as told and it said it was offline 100%
    Last edited by Darkcaptain3; 24th-July-2013 at 19:29.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Yeah okay I did something different than last time and yes I have that same thing showing. I wanted to download it before you got back after seeing Mario worked T_T so much for that.

Says the download will take about an hour itll probably take less if I decide to close the 15 different internet tabs im running and Steam and all the other stuff I have up.

One of the downloads failed number 003 apparently.
    Last edited by Darkcaptain3; 24th-July-2013 at 19:59.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Cool, an hour isn't long if your doing other stuff while you wait like complete Super Mario 3

1 hour is a lot less than what it had taken to mod the Wii in the first place

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

lolz I gotta beat that again :O feels weird using the Wii controller with it probably be better to play it on my snes.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

works just fine you hold the thing side wards kinda odd at first but you get the hand of it quick enough and forget what it is you are controlling with

If the Wii has GameCube ports you can use a GameCube controller for those

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]