Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do I softmod to play Skyward Sword

Thanks

When opening ModMii what am I suppose to click on?
    I am a old forum member whose account got lost in the database crash used to be a level 8 user here now I am a 0 :'( miss those old days.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

whatever it instructs you to.

I would run the ModMii Skin version

What is on screen at the moment that is confusing you?

The first thing you normally do is type 'I agree' then hit next, it does tell you to do that
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-July-2013 at 19:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I did that then it has a screen with a bunch of buttons to select such as WiiBrand Discless and other things and its asking me to select one of them them
    I am a old forum member whose account got lost in the database crash used to be a level 8 user here now I am a 0 :'( miss those old days.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well unless you own one of the games listed use the WiiBrand Discless option (discless because you do not require a game, the others require a game)

wow you are making it sound hard

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I'm sorry and okay

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No worries

Just run through it, at the end a web page will load with 'on Wii' instructions a 'Copy to SD' and a 'Copy to HD' folder should be created as well... depending on your personal setup
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-July-2013 at 09:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Okay so the homebrew channel is now installed so how do I get the game??

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I should hope more than just the homebrew channel is installed

Do you have a disc image of the game already downloaded and just want to know how to install that to a USB HDD and run it or are you asking where to download the game or are you asking how to find the games on HDD that you have already installed but do not know how to get to them??? what are you asking

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Well I followed the guide on the ModMii page that it gave me all the way and I just installed the homebrew browser onto my SD card and put it into my wii (having problems cus its not showing up on the wii T_T ill figure that out) but no otherwise I've got nothing. Give me a rundown on what I need to do to get Skyward Sword. Remember Ive never modded a Wii before kay. With my 360 I let horizon do everything usually, I just download the game and then tell horizon to load the game to my USB and then put the usb into the 360 and move the game from there to the xbox (don't have a long enough cable to connect the xbox directly)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You still have not modded the Wii k

You have not followed the guide that was generated for you.

You have not installed the homebrew browser, all you have done is copied a few files onto the SD

Find the guide that was generated, it's possibly on the SD card now, but if you still have the COPY_TO_SD folder it should be in there

The guide is named ModMii_Wizard_Guide.html open it read it follow it

With the Wii you need to download the game with your PC.
    And use WiiBackupManager to do everything as you put it.

No point in asking about the game or how to install or run it if you don't have a way to do that

Make sure you read everything, just make sure you do I know you have missed things said in this thread several times over and over and have had to repeat myself a few times
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-July-2013 at 15:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

1.Installing The Homebrew Channel (HBC) and Bootmii
    2.Making a NAND backup
    3.Install a patched IOS236
    4.Install Priiloader
    5.Install WADs
    6.USB Loader and Hard Drive setup

I have done all that I also think I found why the HomeBrew Browser wasn't loading (I merely extracted it to the SD card I should've extracted it to the card and put it in the apps folder which I have now done)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

How have you done 2 to 6 without the Homebrew Channel, the installers are ran from the Homebrew Channel to be able to do those things

extracted???, you just copy the contents of the COPY_TO_SD folder to the root of the SD

Once that is in the Wii the first thing you do is use the exploit before you can install anything

the disc less option usually you just go to the message board and look for a message there, it may be in the previous date if it's not on the date you created the exploit with ModMii

Make sure the date on the Wii is correct for the message to show

Don't change what was setup for you.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-July-2013 at 15:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I have the Homebrew channel. I said HomeBrew BROWSER I was talking about this https://www.sites.google.com/site/co...how-to-use/hbb at the end of the guide it gave me a link to the browser that I followed.

I think your confused and seem to be under the impression that I never installed the homebrew channel and followed the guide I've completed all that. the browser is something else that has nothing to do with this that's just a app I was installing on my own has nothing to do with getting skyward sword.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-July-2013 at 15:23.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I know of the browser sorry for the mix up.

P.S. the homebrew browser does not contain retail games

It's good for homebrew but you can not get Wii or Gamecube games with it, only homebrew games, emulators and ports... emulators and ports you need to provide your own roms and data files, some ports may come with demo data files but they should never come with retail data files

The homebrew Browser is just an App and will be shown in the Homebrew Channel unless you download the wad file then you can install the Wad via MultiModManager

To get the Wii games you need to download those with your PC and use WiiBackupManager <- I already said that

The best format for your USB Drive is Fat32 with 32Bit clusters, there is a Fat32 Format tool that comes with ModMii as does the WiiBackupManager, you can find these on the computer you used to install ModMii in the path "C:\ModMii\Program Files"

Windows can not format this way hence the format tool is required.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-July-2013 at 15:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

but my SD card is only like 2GB big T_T and that's the biggest SD card I have. Wish Wii could just use USB's cus I have ones that are huge. also have WiiBackupManager installed on the pc.

Okay the HomeBrew Browser just had an error when installing on the Wii

Exception (DSI) Occurred!
    Gave me a long list of code that I really don't wanna copy unless I have to

SD card was already formatted to Fat32Bit
    Last edited by Darkcaptain3; 24th-July-2013 at 15:30.