Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do I softmod to play Skyward Sword

Thanks
    Thanked 13,308 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

You do have USB ports, right? You can get this (it's kinda junk) for $1 shipped to your door:
    http://dx.com/p/smallest-microsd-tra...er-yellow-7120

I'd suggest browsing some local store over DX junk though.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

7 USB ports :/
    I am a old forum member whose account got lost in the database crash used to be a level 8 user here now I am a 0 :'( miss those old days.

Thanks
    EP Points

Soooo, why the unhappy face?
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

I honestly am trying to not spend any money its my dads birthday tomorrow and I have just enough money to take him out somewhere nice I don't have a job either so its not like I get a paycheck. The money Im using happens to be from my birthday 2 weeks ago.
    I am a old forum member whose account got lost in the database crash used to be a level 8 user here now I am a 0 :'( miss those old days.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah. Then you need to bug friends. Somebody is certain to have an adapter kicking around, they've been commonly handed out with with old cell phones and such. Plus a second brain while you're trying to figure your way through some guide is always useful.

Thanks

Forgive my stupidity T_T im sorry

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

As I said do not follow any online guide they are most like to be out of date a defunct and the risk is very very high for mess ups

http://modmii.zzl.org/ is all you need for the modding part (again do not use online guides [main reason is out of date info resulting in some games not working and manual ios/cios updates that is dangerous if you do not know what you are doing])

I will first ask what you actually have at the moment in hardware you can use

An SD card is required so do you have any SD cards kicking around (Micro/mini will do as long as you have a SD adapter for em)
    USB devices the preferable type is a HDD but for now you can use a USB stick

To get files to the SD card can be done via plenty of ways (micro SD's for example can have files coppied to them if you pop em into a mobile phone or tablet, anything that can take a card and has USB to a PC setting the phone or whatever to use USB to copy files to from the micro SD via USB) [A digital Camera is another example]

This is only a temp measure as once the thing is modded and you are using a USB HDD you don't need the SD card afterwards

P.S. this game does require Motion Plus controllers or Motion plus expansion packs
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-July-2013 at 20:25.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I have the wii motion plus cus I got one way back from wii sports resort and kept the casing that had the thing at the bottom from it

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's good then

P.S. if you need further help let me know what you are using, i.e. answer the q's I asked so I know how to advise you on your next steps

SD card and how to get the files on there (phone tablet camera or any other device that takes the SD & has usb)
    USB device... preferably a USB HDD, formatted fat32 with 32kb clusters

Once you have the basics via ModMii I will go into details of what other mods can be used, ModMii will guide you just fine though for the main part

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I had modmii I downloaded it as soon as you mentioned it in the other thread. the problem is this pc doesn't have a sd card port I have both micro sd cards and sd cards and sd cards with microsd card slots in them

I have plenty of flash drives too.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do you have a camera or other device that uses SD cards/Micro SD cards? a phone or a tablet would work as well.

I have already mentioned these a number of times.

Anything you can use to copy the files with to the SD/micro SD.

I could ask another way... what are the micro SD cards originally from? also do you still have those

Having a device like a mobile phone that takes micro SD's that can be hooked to PC via USB makes it so you do not need a card reader or SD slot
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-July-2013 at 01:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

well yeah I have a phone that takes micro sd cards and have a cord to hook said phone up to the pc the micro sd card came from inside the sd cards I just bought them like that.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Then you have a way to copy the files from your PC to the micro SD with out a SD card reader, the phone will act as a SD card reader

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

You can buy an SD card reader to use in your USB port. I paid $5 for one.
    Got a Walmart close...check here
    This is where I found the guide I used.
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...utorials-only/

Just follow the directions, read through the steps a few times before starting. Failure to follow the directions can (unlikely) brick your Wii.
    Heck, if you have an older Wii, you can softmod and just burn the game to disk. Unfortunately they are getting hard to find.
    The Wii is the easiest system to mod...cept the Dreamcast. LOL

NOTE: If you are planning on playing Zelda Skyward Sword on the Wii, you will need to have a Motion plus controller or adapter.
    Last edited by Dreamer; 20th-July-2013 at 12:01.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    You can buy an SD card reader to use in your USB port. I paid $5 for one.
    Got a Walmart close...check here
    This is where I found the guide I used.
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...utorials-only/

Just follow the directions, read through the steps a few times before starting. Failure to follow the directions can (unlikely) brick your Wii.
    Heck, if you have an older Wii, you can softmod and just burn the game to disk. Unfortunately they are getting hard to find.
    The Wii is the easiest system to mod...cept the Dreamcast. LOL

NOTE: If you are planning on playing Zelda Skyward Sword on the Wii, you will need to have a Motion plus controller or adapter.
    Please fully read a thread before you reply.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]