Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do I softmod to play Skyward Sword

Thanks

Default How do I softmod to play Skyward Sword

I am just trying to softmod my wii so I can actually play legend of Zelda skyward sword since I don't own the game and lack any money to purchase it. I have really no clue what I am doing here now T_T
    I am a old forum member whose account got lost in the database crash used to be a level 8 user here now I am a 0 :'( miss those old days.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Been quite a while since I did it myself, and I didn't pay much attention to what I was doing, I simply followed a guide. But first up you need to know what firmware you're running. Check the system menu/settings. It should be on the top right corner of the screen.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

version 4.3u
    I am a old forum member whose account got lost in the database crash used to be a level 8 user here now I am a 0 :'( miss those old days.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well that's the newest AFAIK, but still fully cracked. I haven't followed these steps but it's pretty straightforward. Check out this guide:
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_setup

Basically you wanna use HackMii to install the Homebrew Channel. You can use letterbomb if you don't have any games on their list. That's the first step, then your Wii will be open and you can install good stuff like a USB loader and such.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

............. confused

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, yeah, there are a lot of steps there you won't need Sorry about that. Pay attention to What is needed, basic stuff, but if you don't have a SD card or a PC you're kinda stuck. Part 1 is largely pointless, it just tells you to format your SD card and ways to keep stuff you might have on it (I didn't care and I nuked everything old). Part 2 you can skip cause you should just use letterbomb. Part 3, just skip down to the Letterbomb bit, these are the specific steps I'd think you want to follow. Part 4, things are happening, follow the steps.

Edit: Oh yeah, and there are many many many guides on the net. A quick google about using letterbomb turned up:
    http://wiisixtyfour.webs.com/WHG/Letterbomb.htm

And there are boatloads of video tutorials on Youtube if that'd help you to understand whats going to happen.
    Last edited by Ragnar; 19th-July-2013 at 17:59.

Thanks

I am using a alienware pc and don't think this pc has a SD card drive on it. Its the X51 pc. I have sd cards don't use them so that's not a problem. Lolz all this just to play a game I don't own and cant buy since I lack the money.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just to point out there's a small edit above I made after you posted without noticing your post.

About SD cards. Maybe you have a microSD card and one of those large SD card adapters? Then you could maybe toss the microSD card into a phone, transfer your stuff over, and pop it into a large SD adapter?

Thanks

Have a microSD card that goes into a SD card so you can load the data from the micro via the large but still isn't this impossible without the computer (btw I went and custom built this computer on their site in February so its freaking new) actually having a SD or microSD port on it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcaptain3 View Post
    Have a microSD card that goes into a SD card so you can load the data from the micro via the large but still isn't this impossible without the computer (btw I went and custom built this computer on their site in February so its freaking new) actually having a SD or microSD port on it?
    If your computer is so new, just emulate the Wii game on it. you seem to be very confused on how an SD card works...You haven't even considered how the hack works beyond the fact that you need an Sd card.

Thanks

I cannot.... Skyward Sword requires the Rumble feature. There were to many issues with Dolphins earlier version of rumble in which it doesn't work properly at all according to their site and so that feature is now disabled the emulation of it in the emulator and the game wont run without it. I don't have the Bluetooth dongle that I would need also to use my own wii remote with rumble on the computer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I cannot.... Skyward Sword requires the Rumble feature. There were to many issues with Dolphins earlier version of rumble in which it doesn't work properly at all according to their site and so that feature is now disabled the emulation of it in the emulator and the game wont run without it. I don't have the Bluetooth dongle that I would need also to use my own wii remote with rumble on the computer.
    If you have the level of understanding when it comes to emulation, why can't you follow a simple step-by-step guide?

Thanks

I merely download a emulator and then download the game that's simple.

I read the guide provided above but from what I read in the guide (and at some points it was hard to understand T_T ) I needed a computer that can use a SD according to the guide to download it onto.

Look I am not amazing like you guys I am just a girl who likes to play video games when I am not in college. This is second nature to you all its not to me.

Thanks
    EP Points

No, you can just get a cheap USB adapter. Depending on where you buy one you can find microSD adapters for like $2. Possibly $5-10 though, depends on the store.

Thanks

...... T_T um okay..... well then that means I can't do this