Thread: Wont load CDROM on ePSXemulator..?

Thanks

Default Wont load CDROM on ePSXemulator..?

Hi, ive been trying to run and emulator to play and old playstation game that wont run on my console. Im using ePSXemulator for Spyros; Ripto's Rage. Everytime I start the emulator and run the game from disc, it crashes. is there a reason as to why its doing this?

Thanks
    EP Points

Silly question first off - did you configure the cd plugin and choose a drive letter?

Also see you should (depending on the plugin) select or tick the box that says enable subchannel read. Also may want to rip the game and play it as an iso.

Thanks

I know its a silly question, but what can i say? I love the game! I just found a good iso to run the game with and I have all the plugins configured but it still crashes when I load the game..

Thanks
    EP Points

Which version of epsxe and which video plugin are you using? I would recommend trying one of the Petes D3D plugins if you haven't yet, they can be found here; http://www.pbernert.com/gpupete177.zip
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Hello mykalablack4,

Here is my config for the game...

Graphics Settings
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Petes_OpenGL_2_Config.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	37522

Audio Settings

Name:	Audio_Settings.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	37523

Or just use ePSXe SPU 1.8.0 (included by default and most accurate SPU)

DVD Drive Settings

Name:	DVD_Drive_Settings.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	37524

the .sbi file may be needed if that game is from the PAL region. Zorlon should have those patches link is here. You also mentioned that you have the disk? If you do you can create a .sbi file yourself and use that too, that is where subchannel reading comes into play. The .ppf files are "Playstation Patch Files" used to bypass copy measures and in some cases the anti-mod PS1 games. The .ppf files can be placed into the "patches" folder that came with ePSXe. The most famous example of a anti-mod ps1 game is Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon. If you want some history on that title's protection here

Good Luck,
    HaloSlayer255

If any info is not correct feel free to correct

*edit* couldn't post graphics settings as a pic so I added the text of it instead. Keeps saying I'm logged out when I attach the .jpg so this is going to have to work for now

*edit 2* should be working now
    Last edited by HaloSlayer255; 19th-July-2013 at 01:28. Reason: attachment thumbnails weren't showing

Thanks

I got it to work, I was doing some more research and on the very bottom of a thread I saw that if you have teamviewer open it wont run!, so I shut it down and it worked great! thanks for the good details though

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mykalablack4 View Post
    I got it to work, I was doing some more research and on the very bottom of a thread I saw that if you have teamviewer open it wont run!, so I shut it down and it worked great! thanks for the good details though
    Cheers, glad to hear you got it to work! I heard about that issue with teamviewer but forgot about it.

HaloSlayer255