Thread: System Restore

Thanks

Default System Restore

I need to do a system restore,but in forgot how to access it,can any1 plz tell me.

AshKetchum Guest

do you mean formatting your hard drive??
    Or restoring by an backup??
    Without a backup you can't restore anything!!!

Thanks

No im not talkiing about formatting.
    I mean,like i can make the computer have all the files/programs and everything as it did a few days ago(or whenever specified)
    My friend did a system restore for me once for me,but i dont remember him making a back up beforehand though,and in cant get in touch with him ,so im asking here.

AshKetchum Guest

uh thats hard.... as i said before, without backup nothing can be done....

What you could try is to go to "Windows Explorer", then [Right-Click] on the drive you want to restore, select "Preferences" (The last one to select), then amenu appears. Click on "Extras" (The second register) and you will see a Windows-in-made Backup prog. Start it and hope, there is a backup....

Thanks

Ok,thanks.

Thanks

Default :(

check out the link i posted in the "Computer Restore Got Rid Of Everything!!!!" thread it will guide you through a restore picture by picture.

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

Thanks

I looked at the site u posted,i don't have XP(it f***ed up my laptop till i got it fixed)
    So i dont have XP but the process is the same ne way right?

D-Style Guest

Go to the startmenu and select help. Then there's a heading with solving a problem or something like that. Below that you will find an option Using Systemrestore. That's the way you acces it in Windows ME & 2000. Windows automatically creates restorepoints every day so you'll have no problem I think. But beware, System Restore sucks. It doesn't very often work and if it doesn't you still got to format your harddisk and install it all again.

Good luck Flux.