Thread: complete newby needing help please (runing a PSX game)

Thanks

Default complete newby needing help please (runing a PSX game)

hi ive downloaded alcohol 120% to burn ps1 games on to so i can play them on my playstation. ive also downloaded ecm thingy.

so i downloaded crash bash and it unzipped it and its in a vlc file with (.cue) as the type. i know i need to make it an img file some how so i tried the ecm and unecm and it still has the .cue format i cant get it to be a .bin or .img any help please

Thanks
    EP Points

When extracting the archived game you should have gotten two files; a .cue file, and a .ecm file. You need to drag the .ecm file onto the unecm file you downloaded to turn it into a .bin, then you should be able to burn the game by loading the .cue file with your burning program.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

hi thankyou for getting back to me there is 2 files both are vlc found on that was already a bin file and used that thanks again for your help

Thanks
    EP Points

I recommend you a program called "DVD Decrypter", instead of Alcohol 120%. It's free and very simple, all you have to do is select your file, put the lowest writing speed, and that's it.

Thanks

ok thankyou ill try that. i burnt it as the vlc bin file and it didnt work on my ps1 it just showerd the start up screen (sony presents) would a file work if i get a file which is ecm and unecm it to make it .bin.ecm?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sorry for the late reply

Burn it via the cue file do not burn via the bin/vlc file (reason if a game uses CDDA track and you burn directly from a img or bin file, the CDDA tracks are not burned at all, some games do not work without the CDDA tracks)

The best way to show what file you actually have is to open the folder you are working from hit F10 to show the folder hidden menu, hit Tools>Folder options...
    In the new windows hit the View Tab, then look for the Hide extensions for known file types and un-tick that option, hit Apply then OK

The above will show you the file extensions so you know exactly what files you are working with.

As it happens the burning via the cue sheet is not the problem (this game has no CDDA tracks)

The E version of this game has copy protection that will prevent the game from booting so try the U version instead that I believe does not have the protection

E = Europe aka PAL-E
    U = USA aka NTSC-U

The best all round console burning prog is ImgBurn that happens to be a very much updated version of DVD Decryter, they just changed the name of the prog, as the Decrypting feature was taken out (the decryption is only for bypassing DVD Video protection that no console games use)

EDIT both version have protection...., it's different protection though

I have patches for both versions though I would still recommend the NTSC version though over the PAL version, unless your TV/Console are PAL

Anyway if you want the patch let me know I will dig it out for you and give instructions on how to apply it, you do this before burning the game
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-July-2013 at 16:01.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR