Thread: im trying to run runescape on my laptop

Thanks
    EP Points

Default im trying to run runescape on my laptop

i got the cpu to stay low yet it over heats, i know the fan is on because i can feel it running sometimes. anyways, the cpu is normally around 60c then it jumps to 70c when i start rs and takes 15 minutes to get to 86c. i have rs running at the lowest specs possible, and its not even the only thing that does it. i cant play anything on it other than small games like solitare.

specs:
    intel centrino
    mobile chipset 4 (emulates graphics card)
    intel core 2 duo processor t6600 @ 2.20 Ghz
    64 bit operating system
    windows 7
    4 gigs of ram

and the other thing is the ram never goes above 2 gigs even when playing a game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Try using a coolpad with your laptop.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

i dont have one and i cant buy one.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you can't afford one, but have a simple fan, you can put your laptop on an elevation (I use 2 stacks of books) and point your fan to beneath the laptop. It does wonders. I could play Left 4 Dead only for a few minutes before the laptop would shut down due to over heating. With this I can play for hours.

You can also try cleaning the air vents. (You have to open up your laptop). It help the cooling a lot.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

i have tried vaccuming (like i do with the ps3) that didnt help. i do have a laptop fan but it doesnt help as the fan part isnt under the vents, but the part with the holes is under the vents but they arnt enough to help it breath.

Thanks
    EP Points

btw does your laptop just overheat or does it shut down? If it just overheats that's natural. Some laptop fans aren't designed to be working all the time, so they're programmed to let the computer heat up a little and then start working.

About the RAM thing, the only thing I could think of would be a 32bit OS, but you already said it's 64 bit. I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think your game/application should also be 64-bit one to use more RAM.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

i downloaded the right java. but yeah, my laptop shuts down when it hits 90 celcius (idle its around 50 celcius) then i start google chrome and it jumps to 60, then i play runescape it climbs to 80 in 15 minutes. my room is generally warm, but its not hot, plus i have a fan running.

i took your advice and propped it up and made sure i wasnt blocking any vents on the bottom. wierdly enough, i only have 2 vents on the bottom and 1 that expells the air.

Thanks

Try updating Java, using a different browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, or try to delete your cache. Try placing your laptop on a desk or a wooden surface, something cold enough or hard enough to stop the laptop from overheating.

Thanks
    EP Points

i thought you shouldnt put a laptop on a wood surface. and everything is up to date, and the only browser i ever use is chrome.