Thread: What games run 50 -60 FPS for the PS2 Emulator?

Thanks

Default What games run 50 -60 FPS for the PS2 Emulator?

Hi I've got a iCore 7 processor and 8GB RAM and overall a quick speck of a computer but I don't seem to have luck with games that run well on my ps2 Emulator, I understand some processors struggle with running games as the operating systems built are not built to run games as the Ps2 but I was wondering if I could be recommended some games to download? The only game I've had working well is Dragon Ball Z, Crash Twinsanity ran at 34-40 FPS but that's it. I downloaded Ratchet and Clank and it ran at 17 FPS and was unbearable any tips getting it to run faster would be appreciated too. Also downloaded Futurama and Lord of the rings and ran slow.

angelboy77777 Guest

It depends on your computer what games it can handle and not handle. The ISO file has nothing to do with FPS. Also, try reduce settings on your PS2 emulator so it can run faster. What PS2 emulator are you using?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Samjam1324 View Post
    I understand some processors struggle with running games as the operating systems built are not built to run games as the Ps2
    Your processor is probably fine, but it may be set at a low clock rate by default. Try enabling the MTVU hack, and setting your computer power plan to "High performance".
    Also, what graphics card do you have, and what is your operating system?
    Quote Originally Posted by Samjam1324 View Post
    but I was wondering if I could be recommended some games to download?
    There are a few lists at the official PCSX2 forums, Here is the only one I have on hand. But again, you should be fine with a few tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by angelboy77777 View Post
    What PS2 emulator are you using?
    PCSX2 is the only one worth using.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks

What graphics card do you have? The amount of ram and processor is somewhat crucial, but so is the video card, or so what it seems like when I'm utilizing my system.