Thread: Where to buy an offcial dsi power board

Thanks
    EP Points

Unhappy Where to buy an offcial dsi power board

Well, I sent my DSi off to NOA in East Syracuse NY, they sent the system back WITHOUT repairing it.

They said in the letter since I opened it up it was not eligible for repair.

I know the problem after some searching the net. When I opened up my system I accidentally put the battery in backwards which blew the fuse. I would rather just order a replacement board than have to trash it & buy another one. So, any suggestions who might have a cheap genuine Nintendo C/TWL-SUB-01 board for the standard DSi? (not the XL)

P.S. I even told the guy on the phone I had opened it up, they said they would contact me BEFORE sending it back to me; they never contacted me they just sent it back. I could have just told them to hold it & me send them the cash to replace the board.
    Last edited by 47iscool; 1st-July-2013 at 22:31.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Replace the fuse or just bridge it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-DSi...item43b8bfec04

I think this one already has the fuse to go with it, I'm new to replacing hardware in consoles/handhelds.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you're new to fixing consoles then I suggest you look for a local electronics repair shop to fix it.
    Replacing the fuse shouldn't be an expensive job.

I've bridged the fuse on a DS lite that belongs to one of my nieces and it's still working ok.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

The only ones I know who might fix it is GameStop, the closest one I know of is 30 miles away.

I know how to remove the power board, took it off earlier & put it back on. Also there's no telling how much they would charge, the one on E-bay is about 14.90 total. And it should be delivered in about 1-3 days.

Thanks
    EP Points

And what are you going to do if you buy the power board, replace it and blow another fuse?

When I said go to an electronics repair shop I didn't mean Gamestop.
    I meant a shop that repairs electrical appliances and electronics...even small cities should have a few of them.
    Why is it always Americans that don't seem to be able to find a local repairer?

Thanks
    EP Points

It only blew because I put the battery in backwards, it was just fine before that. An SD card got jammed in it & it had to be taken apart to remove, I was foolishly playing around & forgot which way the battery should go in & put it in backward. Right after that it wouldn't turn on.

Speaking of us not being able to find a repair shop, we used to have one in my town but, due to little or no business they packed up & left. Europeans are far more interested in technology than America is, over here all they think matters is football or Hollywood movies. I hate football or any sport that has something to do with a ball.

TBH, I live in a VERY boring town. It's obsessed with football, the only place to buy used games is a pawn shop, or travel to a town 30 miles away (which also has a repair shop).
    Last edited by 47iscool; 2nd-July-2013 at 03:09.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ordered the part from Ebay.

Request thread to be closed/locked, thanks.
    Last edited by 47iscool; 2nd-July-2013 at 19:12.