Thread: epsxe joypad and cdroms, roms inquiry, HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks

Default epsxe joypad and cdroms, roms inquiry, HELP PLEASE!!!

hi! I'm new to emulation. I'm using ePSXe1.8.0 and I'm having a problem with some of my CDROMS for playstation. My emulation works perfectly(with all configuration) it is just that some of my JOYPAD(with analog) won't work with most of my CDROMS, some works just fine....

and also, how am I going to load/play my downloaded ROMS
    (this is what I did those ROMS are compressed with .rar, and once extracted there .cue, .7z, and a bunch of .ape file.. I have already extracted .7z and it gave me "data.bin.ecm" so I run it to the "unecm.exe" so now it is just "data.bin". but still when I ran it with epsxe nothing happens)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sure most of your cdroms are digital only games so you have to press f5 and use the pad in digital mode , you can check my pages t see if the games are analog or digital only http://psxdatacenter.com/

For the other games that you download you have to use packiso or unecm to extract and you will have a multiple bin and cue image that you can mount using daemons tool and play using run cdrom only scsi drives

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

As above hit F5 if your pad is not working, it just switches between analog pad and digital pad support

On the PSX there was no Analog to start with, when sony did add analog mode the games with no analog support would only work with analog pads if the analog mode button was off, so these digtal only games will either report no pad is inserted or just not respond if analog is turned on via the pad, same thing applied via emulated PSX.

ECM And APE Guide that should get those ECM+APE games working (those games that are not working by just converting the file type of the ecm is because they require the CDDA tracks (Sound tracks))

As it happens you don't need to mount the CD images as I describe in the guide instead you can convert those to a single Bin+Cue instead of lots of bin's + a cue (use the guide to convert the files to the correct format first though, when you read the guide you should know what I am talking about here)

If you do a direct image format convert directly, only use isobuster (free use version is fine) for this, most other disc image converting software especially MagicIso and it's many many clones will break a PSX game images if you convert with that software
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-June-2013 at 14:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR