Thread: OUYA! Anyone Buy One And Emulate On It?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default OUYA! Anyone Buy One And Emulate On It?

It was released today, so what do you think of it? I may get one, not sure yet though just because I dont have $100 to spend on anything.
    STOP THE MADDENESS, STOP BUYING SPORTS GAMES!

angelboy77777 Guest

I don't know what Ouya does. Anyone come and give me some basic information about it?

Thanks

The ouya is essentially a small games console that runs on android operating system. This means that it can run most android games and also due to its openness you can put an emulator and play your roms right from the comfort of your living room. So far it looks like there isn't many games on the actual store for it other than final fantasy 3 and a couple of other things. One interesting thing is that every game on the store is required to have a free version (usually just a demo but sometimes it could be freemium). It seems mostly good for the emulation aspect at the moment but once the devs have time to make some games it could be quite good.

Thanks

Seems pointless to me just to use for emulators, Just hook your pc up to TV with HDMI, Graphics cards that are under 50$ can do that.....

Thanks

That's actually one of the reasons that I never bought a Ouya. Also, personally from what I've heard and this might sound a tad bit like heresay and a tad bit like I'm insulting the company, but apparently the company never gave copies of the Ouya to the original users who supported the Kickstarters and furthermore, the emulation is somewhat complete from what I've heard. You can do basically all emulation using a PC just like StaticAgePunk stated, but the DS emulator doesn't work correctly as compared to the PC one that can run a great deal of games flawlessly.

Thanks

It's not for everyone - in fact it isn't even for every emulator-user out there, but so far my OUYA has been PERFECT for me. I hooked up a 1TB external drive to that thing and went to town hunting down goodsets - I'm still adding new stuff to it, and it's supported more emulation in a single box than any device I've ever used (I basically have the complete history of video games available to me everywhere I go, everything from PSX backwards, plus PSP and MAME), and as a console it's portable, easy to set-up, and doubles as an internet video streaming device and general-purpose media player.

Also, there's the Nostalgia app, which is just really cool:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0TWymqSONY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReF8wjkontQ

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Please, don't revive old threads like this. Create a new one if you want.