Page 61 of 262 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fresh Flesh-Eating Prince Out: A one tonne baby to rule them all.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Also, this friend sounds fun.

I'm guessing by now she has 2-3 kids and looks terrible?
    We don't speak, but I'm not aware of any children.

She is, however, married to a guy she swore never to date back in high school, because she felt like she was leading him on as a pity date. Or something.

And although she's never been as slender as she's seemed to believe, she's gained at least 80 pounds since we graduated. And still she posts literally 400plus pictures of a single event on FB, six copies of each, slightly modified in some free photo application that shows off her stunning taste and artsy talents.

I could go on but I'd need a real keyboard to really rant.

Thanks
    EP Points

The shittiest part is that many don't care about the quality of their translations. Hell, I've seen some people admit that they get the same enjoyment from a professionally translated script as from a machine translated one. In fact after lurking around the VN fan translation scene for a while I've found out that some people translate VNs via machine translation. Just... boggles the fucking mind.

Now you've made me a bit worried as well. KnS2 is exactly the sort of poignant, well-crafted tale that I'd hate to see ruined by uguu kawaii desu folks.

Btw if you ever read this, any thoughts on other Muv Luv games? I see there's some shit called MLA Chronicles, and The Day After or something along those lines. But I'm a bit confused as to what they are and I don't want to read info related to them due to spoilers. Basically, worth reading y/n, is what I'm asking.
    Last edited by Gare; 7th-July-2013 at 16:42.

Thanks
    EP Points

In other news, every time I settle in for a long read and finally start to feel like I'm getting a grasp on everyone's crazy family trees, Martin decides it's a good time to SWITCH CHARACTERS.

And for some reason there's no table of contents? Can't even look to see how many character-chapter designations there are going to be so that I can stop worrying that a new one is going to be introduced.

WHY IS THERE A MAP BUT NO TABLE OF CONTENTS?

Didn't you know what a bad idea it would for me to Google this stuff more than a decade after you wrote it Martin?

Thanks
    EP Points

Don't worry about there being too many characters, half of them are gonna be killed off anyway.

Kidding aside though, I didn't find it too hard to keep track of the main guys, there aren't *that* many focalizers.

Also:

Thanks
    EP Points

Although it has to be said that I actually enjoy it when Martin goes into detail about random non-important shit because I'm kind of a lore whore when it comes to GoT.

Thanks
    EP Points

Grabbed a 50% more trade-in coupon off PowerUp Rewards. Now when I sell my phone to Gamestop, I'll get $210 instead of $140

Thanks
    EP Points

Make an appendix out of it like someone who was taught some minor organization skills in school. I'm less than 100 pages in, so I'm sure it'll get less disorienting, but it's still adequate fodder for ranting.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Don't worry about there being too many characters, half of them are gonna be killed off anyway.
    Apparently, killing his own characters isn't enough for him to be happy. I read some time ago that he wanted to write something for Marvel, Dr Strange to be more precise, with the only condition that, whatever he did, could never be reviewed or reimagined by any other writer in any way. Ever.

I'm still unsure if that's pretentious, idiotic of a mix of both

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    The shittiest part is that many don't care about the quality of their translations. Hell, I've seen some people admit that they get the same enjoyment from a professionally translated script as from a machine translated one. In fact after lurking around the VN fan translation scene for a while I've found out that some people translate VNs via machine translation. Just... boggles the fucking mind.

Now you've made me a bit worried as well. KnS2 is exactly the sort of poignant, well-crafted tale that I'd hate to see ruined by uguu kawaii desu folks.

Btw if you ever read this, any thoughts on other Muv Luv games? I see there's some shit called MLA Chronicles, and The Day After or something along those lines. But I'm a bit confused as to what they are and I don't want to read info related to them due to spoilers. Basically, worth reading y/n, is what I'm asking.
    That it does. I believe we discussed Fuwanovel at some point. Ha ha ha. As for MG, their blog has some screenshots to give an idea
    http://mangagamer.wordpress.com/
    Even today it's the most stilted, lifeless, dead translation imaginable. Which is weird when you realize a lot of their content is supposedly comedic. YEAH.

Part of the problem is also that they can't seem to figure out an appropriate equivalent word for english so they do a literal translation of it or throw in some weird phrasing. Translation doesn't work like that, people. You have to break it apart and then recraft it into something adequate. You can't just repaint it and hope it works. It doesn't help that the characters all start to sound the same when you fail to work with their individual linguistic styles. Because they all sound like they're giving a speech in front of the UN.

ML has a lot of side stuff. I haven't really read any of them yet. I hear Total Eclipse was the best thing to come of that, basically being the Stargate:Atlantis to MLA's SG-1. Same premise and same general enemies, but in a different part of the world (in this case, Alaska) and with a different cast. They made an anime out of it a season or two ago. Altered Fable is basically just MLE with some extra stuff, notably two characters who don't exist in the MLE continuity due to semi-spoilerish reasons. It's basically just the fan disc that can serve as something of a cool down after all that shit that happens. The Chronicle stuff IIRC is a bunch of short stories set in the U/A universe that does some world building. Which could be decent as the world is interesting enough when it's not endless exposition on how mechs work.

Thanks
    EP Points

Human ally + Trade = Unlimited disposable income

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    That it does. I believe we discussed Fuwanovel at some point. Ha ha ha. As for MG, their blog has some screenshots to give an idea
    http://mangagamer.wordpress.com/
    Even today it's the most stilted, lifeless, dead translation imaginable. Which is weird when you realize a lot of their content is supposedly comedic. YEAH.

Part of the problem is also that they can't seem to figure out an appropriate equivalent word for english so they do a literal translation of it or throw in some weird phrasing. Translation doesn't work like that, people. You have to break it apart and then recraft it into something adequate. You can't just repaint it and hope it works. It doesn't help that the characters all start to sound the same when you fail to work with their individual linguistic styles. Because they all sound like they're giving a speech in front of the UN.

ML has a lot of side stuff. I haven't really read any of them yet. I hear Total Eclipse was the best thing to come of that, basically being the Stargate:Atlantis to MLA's SG-1. Same premise and same general enemies, but in a different part of the world (in this case, Alaska) and with a different cast. They made an anime out of it a season or two ago. Altered Fable is basically just MLE with some extra stuff, notably two characters who don't exist in the MLE continuity due to semi-spoilerish reasons. It's basically just the fan disc that can serve as something of a cool down after all that shit that happens. The Chronicle stuff IIRC is a bunch of short stories set in the U/A universe that does some world building. Which could be decent as the world is interesting enough when it's not endless exposition on how mechs work.
    Yeah, about Fuwa. I'm starting to see what you meant back then.

The sad part is that what you described there is basically Translation 101.

I actually have the Total Eclipse anime somewhere on my hard drive. I heard it's terribad but I'm still gonna watch it. It's all gonna come after MLA, though. Thankfully I'm already done with Extra, and Unlimited is supposed to be shorter, so yeah. Only a matter of time now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    Having worked in a retail place that runs tiered coupons, it's less hassle in the long run not to fuss with people who want to keep it. Especially when there are multiple registers in each area of the store BUT THEEEEEY LET ME KEEP IT OVER THERE. WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS BRAND IS EXCLUDED. WAH WAH WAH.

Yeah this place is not retail. Most of the employees are pretty nice in the local locations I have visited.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    We don't speak, but I'm not aware of any children.

She is, however, married to a guy she swore never to date back in high school, because she felt like she was leading him on as a pity date. Or something.

And although she's never been as slender as she's seemed to believe, she's gained at least 80 pounds since we graduated. And still she posts literally 400plus pictures of a single event on FB, six copies of each, slightly modified in some free photo application that shows off her stunning taste and artsy talents.

I could go on but I'd need a real keyboard to really rant.
    Hoo lawds.

Speaking of people we never talk to anymore...my step-brother got a weird ass email from his ex-wife (that he forwarded to me for some reason) rambling about how she's a virgin and she's so happy. I don't even...

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Grabbed a 50% more trade-in coupon off PowerUp Rewards. Now when I sell my phone to Gamestop, I'll get $210 instead of $140
    AttaSprung.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I'm still unsure if that's pretentious, idiotic of a mix of both
    Definitely both.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The apt response to that e-mail is definitely: "Way to go peg-leg", but he was probably too much of a bitch to send that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ahwhut mast go up mast cum daon, yet mah soles aint touch no ground.
    Look dem worldflip right out, nigga crashin nothin to say.
    Calm your balls down angry man, bitch get out da way.
    Driftin through the street, gangsta eyes starin at yo.

Look at dem heistin da bank, actin like nothin happens at day.
    Feel my M16 headin yo way, bullets fillin yo ass with holes.

Gangsta Heroes (GANGSTA HEROOOOOOOOEEEEEES)
    Rob you, rap about you, rejecting your right
    Gangsta Heroes (GANGSTA HEROOOOOOOOEEEEEES)
    Setting up sum fake stage!!!
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium