Page 22 of 262 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fresh Flesh-Eating Prince Out: A one tonne baby to rule them all.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Also I don't get purely fanservice anime. Stuff like HOTD is fine because it at least has zombies and drama and asskicking stuff.

But pure ecchi shit is basically for people who are too pussy to watch hentai.
    Actually it has all the hilarious awfulness of hentai without the need to fast forward through all the cats in dryers, helium induced orgasms, and dreadfully boring sex scenes.

So there's that bit.

The hentai in hentai is so often unwatchable garbage. I'm here for the shitty plot and terrible acting.

Thanks
    EP Points

Btw since you're here, I'll make a quick mention of the fact that there's a new Nitro+ game. It looks like a generic high school romance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf665-ECbTE

Now fast forward to 2:00.

I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Btw since you're here, I'll make a quick mention of the fact that there's a new Nitro+ game. It looks like a generic high school romance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf665-ECbTE

Now fast forward to 2:00.

I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING.
    http://vndb.org/v7738

Sounds moderately entertaining. Any word on the writer?

I shall add it to the growing backlog.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    http://vndb.org/v7738

Sounds moderately entertaining. Any word on the writer?

I shall add it to the growing backlog.
    Checked it on getchu.com, 下倉バイオ is listed under "scenario", his previous works being Sumaga, Axanael and Gekkou no Carnevale. I never read any of those so yeah!

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, it has a demo. Might give it a try. Anyway, time to hit the sack.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Checked it on getchu.com, 下倉バイオ is listed under "scenario", his previous works being Sumaga, Axanael and Gekkou no Carnevale. I never read any of those so yeah!
    Decent (but ultimately a pretty sizeable letdown), great concept/terrible execution, and pretty good.

This could really go either way, although the concept behind the stories often wind up being better than the stories themselves seemingly due to this guy being good with ideas but not so great at actually playing them out. But this looks like it avoids humour this time, so that might be a good point in its favour.

Hopefully we get some superior grade music as well. Because that kinda jumped the quality of his last two outings by a decent amount.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well fuck, this whole sleeping thing didn't quite work out.

Axanael's opening now makes me want to download the shit out of it, despite what you've just said. Heard mixed things about Gekkou, though. The dark Italian setting looks great but I'm not to keen on reading 46134 fight scenes (which it apparently has).

I'm trying not to get my hopes up about this game. It's just that I expect everything Nitro to be of Muramasa and Saya quality, a mentality which will probably lead to inevitable letdown.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So my girlfriend showed me her grandfather's World War 2 Medals, that was some awesome stuff. Then we went to her grandmother's house and I saw the coolest things from World War 2. Wow, I felt so honored to see that stuff. And her grandmother told us some amazing stories too.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    So my girlfriend showed me her grandfather's World War 2 Medals, that was some awesome stuff. Then we went to her grandmother's house and I saw the coolest things from World War 2. Wow, I felt so honored to see that stuff. And her grandmother told us some amazing stories too.
    What theatre was her grandfather in? The Pacific, Europe or both?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    What theatre was her grandfather in? The Pacific, Europe or both?
    I think both, but I'm not for sure. That's one thing she didn't go into detail about. She was proud of his Purple Heart though, she showed me that and I sat there in awe. Lol.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi Roxas.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well fuck, this whole sleeping thing didn't quite work out.

Axanael's opening now makes me want to download the shit out of it, despite what you've just said. Heard mixed things about Gekkou, though. The dark Italian setting looks great but I'm not to keen on reading 46134 fight scenes (which it apparently has).

I'm trying not to get my hopes up about this game. It's just that I expect everything Nitro to be of Muramasa and Saya quality, a mentality which will probably lead to inevitable letdown.
    Russian roulette: The Visual Novel. Somehow less awesome than it sounds. Also, it's a quasi-sequel to Sumaga. Which is weird. Well, less weird than THE GREATEST PROTAGONIST NAME EVER. Har har, Unkoman. But still, weird.

You read VNs for things other than fight scenes? But, but, Muramasa! Also, replace "fight scenes" with "slice of life", and you have the balance this writer has been going for since Gekkou. Yeah.

Probably a bad mentality to have, considering those are pretty well regarded. Unless you're checking out some of Gen's other work. Which you should do. Phantom of Inferno is best James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    I once held a nazi knife (complete with swastika emblazoned bullshit) that a friend's grandpa used to kill a man.

He used the last round in his rifle to shoot the guy in the face, but the guy wasn't completely dead (and still armed) so he bumrushed the guy, ripped the knife off his belt, then stabbed him in the throat repeatedly. As in, he killed a man with his own knife. Kept the knife as a trophy. I considered breeding with her so that at least my children can share DNA with someone that ballsy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

So, he shot a nazi in the face and stabbed him with his own knife?

Interesting.

Where do you say that girl lives, Ray?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Hi Roxas.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    So, he shot a nazi in the face and stabbed him with his own knife?

Interesting.

Where do you say that girl lives, Ray?
    A small-ish fishing village a couple hundred K from here.

At least, she used to. It's been years since I've seen her.