Thread: Split File ROM Help

Thanks

Unhappy Split File ROM Help

So I've been getting a lot of ROMs from ----, which seems like a good site. The only issue I'm having is that when I extract the .rar files, I get a bunch of files named ((gametitle)).001, .002, .003, and so on, as well as one .nfo file and one .sfv file. If I use HJSplit to join them, I just get a ((gametitle)) file, no extension. If I change it to a .rar, it comes up corrupted. If I change it directly to a .gdi or .cdi file, it won't play and comes up with an error. How do I get these to work? I've found a bunch of ROMs on ---- that I haven't found anywhere else, and I'd really love to be able to play them.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 23rd-June-2013 at 12:45. Reason: no ads

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by katgirl28888 View Post
    So I've been getting a lot of ROMs from RomHustler.net, which seems like a good site. The only issue I'm having is that when I extract the .rar files, I get a bunch of files named ((gametitle)).001, .002, .003, and so on, as well as one .nfo file and one .sfv file. If I use HJSplit to join them, I just get a ((gametitle)) file, no extension. If I change it to a .rar, it comes up corrupted. If I change it directly to a .gdi or .cdi file, it won't play and comes up with an error. How do I get these to work? I've found a bunch of ROMs on RomHustler that I haven't found anywhere else, and I'd really love to be able to play them.
    Try using 7zip to extract from the first part only.
    You shouldn't need to use hjsplit...I haven't used it for years.
    7zip will merge and extract split archives.