Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I just updated my 3DS XL today was going to update this post with it myself

I will add this to the top post thanks

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

far as i knew, the new firmware update didnt mean to block any flash kit , the famous card, such as dstwo, - ,r4isdhc rts 3ds and so on can work perfectly on fwv7.1.0-16.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 1st-April-2014 at 01:46. Reason: link removed

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

then you have learned something new.

Nintendo are always blocking cards that is why the kits have firmware updates as well as kernal updates.

Flash Kit kernal updates (R4 cheapo kits just use wood kernals) are just for NDS software compat
    Flash Kit firmware updates are to help the kits from being blocked by the console system updates, they will always be released after the 3DS updates, but sometimes on the same day.

Most retailers will update the flash kits before shipping to ensure they work out of the box.

I know for a fact that the DSTWO kit has been blocked several times by Nintendo on the 3DS, I know from personal experience and I know of several users that have lost the use of there R4 kits the ones that still work on the 3DS because they updated the 3DS before checking to see if there kit needed an update before updating the 3DS

It's normally just the major updates that do any blocks (e.g. 6.X.X to 7.X.X) but I have seen minor 3DS updates do the same (e.g. 7.0.X to 7.1.X) the e.g's are not exacts when kits have been blocks they are just examples or major and minor updates

If you notice on the list at least for the DSTWO kit I have version notes as to what is needed for each 3DS update, none of the cards are unblockable

A couple of real examples for the DSTWO kit

the x at the end is just the region code

3DS/2DS version 7.0.0-13x = DSTWO kit blocked unless you update the DSTWO first
    3DS version 6.3.0-11x/12x = DSTWO kit blocked unless you update the DSTWO first
    3DS version 6.2.0-11x/12x = DSTWO kit blocked unless you update the DSTWO first
    3DS version 6.1.0-11x/12x = DSTWO kit blocked unless you update the DSTWO first
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-March-2014 at 08:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

lost my previous account, and regisetered this new one.
    thanks for the working flashcart list, very informative

Thanks

fw v7.1.0-16 firmware update didnt block any flash kit, the card,such as r4i gold 3ds, r4isdhc rts 3ds, dstwo and so on can work well on it.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Haylee View Post
    fw v7.1.0-16 firmware update didnt block any flash kit, the card,such as r4i gold 3ds, r4isdhc rts 3ds, dstwo and so on can work well on it.
    We already know, see post #1 though it is still worth looking at the official site for x card and make sure there are no further updates required

Also note that if you buy a card that has had no updates at all then 3DS version v7.1.0-16 will of blocked all the cards that got made before the 3DS/2DS 7.0.0-13x update, most retailers do update the cards before shipping though (Not all mind).

Though I do not take notes on updates for the other cards as I only personally own and use the DSTWO but I know nothing has been blocked from 7.0.0-13x the last block was done in version 7.0.0-13x updated from 6.3.0-11/12x from what I remember, 7.0.0-13x I think is what the 2DS started on also.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-March-2014 at 08:02.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

New Firmware came out for 2DS/3DS today. v. 7.2.0-17U/E/J

As far as I know, the ACE3DS+ is compatible with the latest firmware. The rest of them, I'm not sure about yet since they haven't updated their compatibility for it. Either Zorlon or I will let you know when that happens.

Thanks
    EP Points

R4i Gold 3DS Rev C (r4ids.cn version) works fine with the 7.2.0-17 update, no cart update necessary.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 14th-May-2014 at 00:28.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Up to version 8.XXXX now will check soon what info needs to be added, I'm a bit busy at the moment though to do any digging

But feel free to post any info you may have on this

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, according to ACE3DS officially, the ACE3DS+ is supported. Plus, I've tried it on my freshly updated 2DS, and it works.

EDIT: Well according to this web store www.oz3ds.com the DSTWO, and most of the r4i variants are supported under the new firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by oz3ds.com news feed
    R4i gold 3ds, Dstwo , R4i-sdhc 3ds rts,2014 R4isdhc silver , 2014 R4isdhc dual-core, 2014 r4i-gold pro and Ace 3ds plus All can support 3DS 8.0.0-18U and DSI 1.45! (2014-07-07)
    Last edited by rosa_fan84pi; 9th-July-2014 at 23:14. Reason: updated compatibility

Thanks
    EP Points

Can confirm; R4i Gold 3DS rev. C works fine on 8.0.0-18. Anyone else find it weird that this particular card hasn't been blocked by any firmware since its last kernel patch (sometime around the 6.x firmwares)? I remember when I got it a couple versions prior to that I had to do at least a few kernel updates

UPDATES: Still working as of 9.2.0-20
    Last edited by MaslowK; 5th-November-2014 at 02:54.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Can confirm; R4i Gold 3DS rev. C works fine on 8.0.0-18. Anyone else find it weird that this particular card hasn't been blocked by any firmware since its last kernel patch (sometime around the 6.x firmwares)? I remember when I got it a couple versions prior to that I had to do at least a few kernel updates
    Not really it's the same with the DSTWO kit, maybe Nintendo are working on other things at the moment rather than looking to block DS flash kits that run now out of date software

Only the first 7.X update had blocked any of the major DS flash kit runners (6.2.0-12x was the last block of R4i Gold 3DS rev C) a number of the 6.X updates done some blocking but all updates to 7.X did not block any kits that I am aware of, a little shocked that 8.X didn't block anything this time
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-July-2014 at 12:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Minor update thanks to Maslowk, will dig up info on the other known working cards later, if no one gets to that before me

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Another new update came on Monday as shown here that added themes and other stuff.

ACE3DS PLUS does support it(and confirmed that with my ACE3DS PLUS) without any issues. I don't know about the r4i cards or the DSTWO yet.
    Last edited by rosa_fan84pi; 10th-October-2014 at 16:05.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

DSTWO forums say yes, not tested myself though so can't confirm that just yet, my gf has taken my 3DS's to work with her , she likes doing the quests and puzzle pieces lol

The other R4 kit listed should also work that is a clone of the Gold anyway, I imagine it is as different as the original R4 was to the M3 Simply, that had been the exact same card with a very small change on the board, one solder point that if joined/broken changed it from one card to the other, or a hex edit of the kernal and it made stop working on one kit and working on the other, mind you that is going back some years now R4's of today are not related in the slightest to the original, one reason I keep well clear of them myself, that includes the new Ace3DS cards as they are also not related to the Acekard range either just cheapo cards that have taken on a popular name, instead of making a name for them selves, saying that both the R4 of today (at least the ones listed here) and Ace (at least the 3DS Plus variation) do play most the games fine with the major exception of having to patch a few games, pokemon being the most well known and asked about but there are plenty of others that also require AP patching.

EDIT:- I have verified that the DSTWO is still working as it should do
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-October-2014 at 19:09.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]