Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gateway 3DS is the world’s first 3DS flash card!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Firmware 4.6 has the red card blocked anyway as of Firmware 4.6 we are up to firmware 6.2 I would guess then that the firmware of the 2DS is going to be at least firmware 6.0 and the Blue card will only use WoodR4 firmware if it is just a R4i that is very good for a homerew firmware but is also the worst type of DS flash kits that work on the 3DS.

R4 are not the best they require you to find patches for all the protected games but homebrew should work on just about any flash kit except for the few that use the extra mem that the SuperCard DSTWO uses

While I have mentioned the SuperCard DSTWO that is one of the best you can get and no patching is required and has support for more advanced SNES and GBA emulation with more game support and smoother framerate

Buying a 2DS and a Gateway you will be very very disappointed as it will never work as the Gateway will be blocked on the new 2DS as the firmware version will be too high for the Gateway to work that was blocked back on firmware version 4.6 before it was even released
    Actually, I never mentioned a 2DS. I plan on trying to get a used 3DS LL that has a low firmware.

The more important thing is that I thank you for the explanation, though I wonder about two points:
    1. Are there any other benefits from using the DS2 that are not emulators?
    2. Does the Blue Card use the straight Wood firmware or a modified version?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You said DS2 that was enough for me to think you ment the 2DS, I had no idea you ment the flash kit Supercard DSTWO

1 yeah no patching needed DS games work direct, the best compat for DS games
    2 no idea what it uses or if it even uses wood nothing like that was ever officially mentioned or if it is even a R4i clone as the R4i is a clone itself

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Oops. I get to sating 'DSTwo' for now on.

I guess I should just buy a DSTwo now.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They are worth it for ease of use & without having to patch games

the protection used for DS roms is a funny one for some games as they let you play but some things in-game will not work correctly, e.g. Pokemon will let you play as much as you like but pokemon don't level up and events never happen, another example is one of the Music games that plays a horrible sound instead of the actual Music, others will just say there is a problem with the system or the game, you see all this using a R4 kit

If you never plan on updating your system an Acekard2i will also be great for you, though not sure if they kept that up to date since it was blocked on the 3DS, that one doesn't support the extra GBA and SNES stuff but it is a good reliable flash kit and at the time I used mine you never needed to patch the games (as I stated though I'm not sure if they kept the standard up after they got blocked)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

No point in making a new thread (since I've already started this one).

Seems there has been some progress...

Public Beta release of GW 2.0b1
    01/12/2013
    Supports all 3DS ROMs to date
    Works on 3DS & 3DS XL consoles
    http://www.gateway-3ds.com/

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm getting "site couldn't load" both in IE and Google

A problem with my ISP or is it gone?

Still no updated 3DS firmware support?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-December-2013 at 13:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I'm getting "site couldn't load" both in IE and Google

A problem with my ISP or is it gone?

Still no updated 3DS firmware support?
    Just checked. The link works for me.

It looks like you still need to be on 4.5 and below, but you use firmware spoofing to trick the 3DS into thinking it's on a higher FW.

Copy and paste from the site. It's a long read:
    Spoiler warning:

01/12/2013

We thought posting yet another teaser video would anger rather than amaze our patient and loyal customers. So in the spirit of Thanksgiving, we would like to show you all our sincere gratitude for your patience and support, by releasing a public beta early!

GW 2.0b1 enables up to date compatibility, barring only the 2 known NAND based titles (for which support is coming very soon), as well as the long awaited emuNAND feature. Complementing these great advancements is our new GUI menu system accessible by simply holding down the L button when tapping on the DS Profile button on the touchscreen. For this release we have tried to make the plethora of options as automated and intuitive as possible, and we welcome more feedback from our users regarding the menu, settings and other options for in the coming revisions.

So we left a few things out you say ? Well if it was so easy then others would have it already, or might falsely make videos of such claims .. anyway we digress .. Both nand saving, which will officially make us 100% compatible with all known roms, and FAT32 (drag and drop) based multirom support are now close to completion and entering into our internal beta testing. As you can imagine, both these features required a major revamp of our hardware's internal firmware, something we had known and planned for from day one so rest assured, unlike others, GW3DS is a fully featured and FULLY updatable hardware design. Our policy has and will always be to stick by our customers and ensure they get value for their money. We will be calling on our beta testers shortly to help us stress test our next big step !

Release notes:

Booting into Gateway mode will now automatically check for the emuNAND partition and emulate the system NAND using this partition. We have also included an option to boot into Classic mode that enables genuine retail gamecards and the emuNAND functionality, allowing it to run like a regular 3DS on latest firmware.

If the emuNAND partition is not found, we fall back to the system NAND and boot into Gateway mode as in 1.x

WARNING NEVER ATTEMPT TO UPDATE YOUR SYSTEM NAND, MAKE SURE YOU ONLY UPDATE EMUNAND - PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW CAREFULLY !

We have gone to great lengths to ensure the stability and reliability of emuNAND, even though emuNAND is not currently required to allow full game compatibility. For those wishing to have the latest system firmware running concurrently with our device, please follow these instructions carefully:

Safety preparation: Please ensure you are either fully charged or plugged in to the charger before beginning. It is also advisable to turn off WiFi, and remove any stored WiFi access settings before proceeding.

1) Launch the Gateway menu and select the "BACKUP SYSTEM NAND" option. Follow on screen instructions to start the backup operation. This requires a minimum of 1GB free space on the Nintendo 3DS SD card, and will take approximately 10 minutes. Every console has a unique NAND image and if you accidentally update the onboard system NAND then there is currently no known way to restore back to 4.5 through software means. The only recovery option is to restore via hardware using the backed up NAND image as a last resort. So please make sure you physically copy the file created by our tool from the SD card to your computers hard drive.

2) Make sure you have backed up any other files you may need from your Nintendo 3DS SD card or use a fresh new SD card to run the Format emuNAND step in the Gateway menu. Once this is done (approximately 5 minutes) and for as long as you use the specific SD card, GW will boot from the specially partitioned SD card and show the "GW3D" label in the system version number in the System Settings application.

Once you have entered into the System Settings application and clearly seeing the "GW3D" version number, enter into WiFi settings and set up a connection.

3) Update your emuNAND partition. Boot into Gateway mode, and enter into the System Settings application. CHECK to make sure you see the letters GW3D before the system version located in the bottom right hand corner of the top screen. If you only see a version number "Ver." please exit and perform step 2 again. With the "GW3D" X.XX.X version number verified proceed to update the console by going to Other Settings and scroll right to the last page and press the System Update button.

IMPORTANT !! .. ONLY ever update through System Settings and ONLY when you have double checked the "GW3D" lettering in front of the system version number !!

Click here to download Public Beta release of GW 2.0b1
    2.0 release and clones
    01/11/2013

Our work is close to completion, but as our users know, we care very much about quality and we won't release our new firmware before it has been tested in depth and approved by our beta-testing team.

Besides better compatibility for the latest roms, we also have in the meanwhile started working on some new features that will surprise and please you all. There are many more good things to come in the future of Gateway 3DS and its users. The Future is Gateway 3DS !

On a side note, there has been a clone announced under various different brand names.

We want to advise people interested in this product that it is a simple clone based on our 1.0 firmware (with all its limitations), with cheap Chinese design and components. It will inevitably fail and brick over time with or without updates as it is using our software which was not designed for their hardware.

By purchasing this device, you face the certainty of an unsupported and dead product before long. Please keep in mind the short life span of such products before going through a purchase, you might end up thinking you have been scammed.

We provide support and innovative features unprecedented by any other team before, and we will continue doing so with firmware updates that everyone can enjoy.

We will be back soon with 2.0 firmware and more exciting news about the future of Gateway 3DS!
    F.A.Q.
    20/10/2013

After receiving alot of emails with questions on our new 2.0 firmware update, we decided to answer some recurring questions :

- Are you working on multirom support? Yes, we are working on multirom support. We hope to have it ready for the 2.0 release.

- Are you working on nand savegame support for pokemon/animal crossing? Yes, we will have pokemon and animal crossing working for the 2.0 release, we will not stop until we have this working!

- What can I do with emunand? It will emulate the system's storage and redirect it to SD, which allows you to update the "emulated NAND" to latest firmware while still keeping your system's physical NAND storage to 4.5. This means you won't need to miss out on fun things like eShop and more.

- Will you support retail gamecards? Yes, we will add an option to launch the original firmware (with emunand support) so you can play retail gamecards.

- Will you support saving without needing to close the application? Yes, we are working on directly updating the savegame file on SD when the savegame chip is being updated. We hope to have it ready for the 2.0 release.

- Are you working on supporting online play? We will start working on this after the 2.0 release.

- Are you working on supporting 5.x and 6.x 3DS systems? Yes, we have still not given up hope to support these consoles. But please be patient.
    Gateway 3DS 2.0 Sneak Peak 2 of 2
    15/10/2013

GW3DS Nand Emulation:

After a lot of brainstorming sessions we decided it was time to realise one of the revolutionary ideas that we have in store for you! We have been working very hard to bring you our 3DS console NAND emulation solution that will allow you to run up-to-date firmware, without the need for spoofing!

To accomplish this feature a part of the 3DS SD card is used as a fully mirrored NAND image while still being able to use the SD card like normal.

The only flash card for 3DS!
    Play backup 3DS ROMS with GATEWAY 3DS
    3DS

Supports all 3DS ROMs to date
    Works on 3DS & 3DS XL consoles

News
    01/12/2013

We thought posting yet another teaser video would anger rather than amaze our patient and loyal customers. So in the spirit of Thanksgiving, we would like to show you all our sincere gratitude for your patience and support, by releasing a public beta early!

GW 2.0b1 enables up to date compatibility, barring only the 2 known NAND based titles (for which support is coming very soon), as well as the long awaited emuNAND feature. Complementing these great advancements is our new GUI menu system accessible by simply holding down the L button when tapping on the DS Profile button on the touchscreen. For this release we have tried to make the plethora of options as automated and intuitive as possible, and we welcome more feedback from our users regarding the menu, settings and other options for in the coming revisions.

So we left a few things out you say ? Well if it was so easy then others would have it already, or might falsely make videos of such claims .. anyway we digress .. Both nand saving, which will officially make us 100% compatible with all known roms, and FAT32 (drag and drop) based multirom support are now close to completion and entering into our internal beta testing. As you can imagine, both these features required a major revamp of our hardware's internal firmware, something we had known and planned for from day one so rest assured, unlike others, GW3DS is a fully featured and FULLY updatable hardware design. Our policy has and will always be to stick by our customers and ensure they get value for their money. We will be calling on our beta testers shortly to help us stress test our next big step !

Release notes:

Booting into Gateway mode will now automatically check for the emuNAND partition and emulate the system NAND using this partition. We have also included an option to boot into Classic mode that enables genuine retail gamecards and the emuNAND functionality, allowing it to run like a regular 3DS on latest firmware.

If the emuNAND partition is not found, we fall back to the system NAND and boot into Gateway mode as in 1.x

WARNING NEVER ATTEMPT TO UPDATE YOUR SYSTEM NAND, MAKE SURE YOU ONLY UPDATE EMUNAND - PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW CAREFULLY !

We have gone to great lengths to ensure the stability and reliability of emuNAND, even though emuNAND is not currently required to allow full game compatibility. For those wishing to have the latest system firmware running concurrently with our device, please follow these instructions carefully:

Safety preparation: Please ensure you are either fully charged or plugged in to the charger before beginning. It is also advisable to turn off WiFi, and remove any stored WiFi access settings before proceeding.

1) Launch the Gateway menu and select the "BACKUP SYSTEM NAND" option. Follow on screen instructions to start the backup operation. This requires a minimum of 1GB free space on the Nintendo 3DS SD card, and will take approximately 10 minutes. Every console has a unique NAND image and if you accidentally update the onboard system NAND then there is currently no known way to restore back to 4.5 through software means. The only recovery option is to restore via hardware using the backed up NAND image as a last resort. So please make sure you physically copy the file created by our tool from the SD card to your computers hard drive.

2) Make sure you have backed up any other files you may need from your Nintendo 3DS SD card or use a fresh new SD card to run the Format emuNAND step in the Gateway menu. Once this is done (approximately 5 minutes) and for as long as you use the specific SD card, GW will boot from the specially partitioned SD card and show the "GW3D" label in the system version number in the System Settings application.

Once you have entered into the System Settings application and clearly seeing the "GW3D" version number, enter into WiFi settings and set up a connection.

3) Update your emuNAND partition. Boot into Gateway mode, and enter into the System Settings application. CHECK to make sure you see the letters GW3D before the system version located in the bottom right hand corner of the top screen. If you only see a version number "Ver." please exit and perform step 2 again. With the "GW3D" X.XX.X version number verified proceed to update the console by going to Other Settings and scroll right to the last page and press the System Update button.

IMPORTANT !! .. ONLY ever update through System Settings and ONLY when you have double checked the "GW3D" lettering in front of the system version number !!

Click here to download Public Beta release of GW 2.0b1
    2.0 release and clones
    01/11/2013

Our work is close to completion, but as our users know, we care very much about quality and we won't release our new firmware before it has been tested in depth and approved by our beta-testing team.

Besides better compatibility for the latest roms, we also have in the meanwhile started working on some new features that will surprise and please you all. There are many more good things to come in the future of Gateway 3DS and its users. The Future is Gateway 3DS !

On a side note, there has been a clone announced under various different brand names.

We want to advise people interested in this product that it is a simple clone based on our 1.0 firmware (with all its limitations), with cheap Chinese design and components. It will inevitably fail and brick over time with or without updates as it is using our software which was not designed for their hardware.

By purchasing this device, you face the certainty of an unsupported and dead product before long. Please keep in mind the short life span of such products before going through a purchase, you might end up thinking you have been scammed.

We provide support and innovative features unprecedented by any other team before, and we will continue doing so with firmware updates that everyone can enjoy.

We will be back soon with 2.0 firmware and more exciting news about the future of Gateway 3DS!
    F.A.Q.
    20/10/2013

After receiving alot of emails with questions on our new 2.0 firmware update, we decided to answer some recurring questions :

- Are you working on multirom support? Yes, we are working on multirom support. We hope to have it ready for the 2.0 release.

- Are you working on nand savegame support for pokemon/animal crossing? Yes, we will have pokemon and animal crossing working for the 2.0 release, we will not stop until we have this working!

- What can I do with emunand? It will emulate the system's storage and redirect it to SD, which allows you to update the "emulated NAND" to latest firmware while still keeping your system's physical NAND storage to 4.5. This means you won't need to miss out on fun things like eShop and more.

- Will you support retail gamecards? Yes, we will add an option to launch the original firmware (with emunand support) so you can play retail gamecards.

- Will you support saving without needing to close the application? Yes, we are working on directly updating the savegame file on SD when the savegame chip is being updated. We hope to have it ready for the 2.0 release.

- Are you working on supporting online play? We will start working on this after the 2.0 release.

- Are you working on supporting 5.x and 6.x 3DS systems? Yes, we have still not given up hope to support these consoles. But please be patient.
    Gateway 3DS 2.0 Sneak Peak 2 of 2
    15/10/2013

GW3DS Nand Emulation:

After a lot of brainstorming sessions we decided it was time to realise one of the revolutionary ideas that we have in store for you! We have been working very hard to bring you our 3DS console NAND emulation solution that will allow you to run up-to-date firmware, without the need for spoofing!

To accomplish this feature a part of the 3DS SD card is used as a fully mirrored NAND image while still being able to use the SD card like normal.

The first step is BACKING UP YOUR NAND! Second, run our SD formatter from within the GW GUI to format the SD card with a unique copy of your console's NAND. On the next Gateway boot, the console will automatically relaunch from the NAND image on SD, which means you can safely update to the latest firmware! Say hello to e-shop [;-)]

Ohh and MH4 is finally working [;-)] XY is officially WIP. Porting our patches from 4.5 to 6.3 is time-consuming and tedious so please bare with us for a little while longer, testing and safety is paramount for such a release. As always, we know you will ENJOY !!

P.S.: We have finally cleared all back-orders from the initial Gateway purchase rush. We are happy to announce that we are now fully in stock and that all new orders are shipped 'next day'.

There are quite a few Youtube videos showing different region games running on different region hardware.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    Just checked. The link works for me.

It looks like you still need to be on 4.5 and below, but you use firmware spoofing to trick the 3DS into thinking it's on a higher FW.

Copy and paste from the site. It's a long read:
    Spoiler warning:

There are quite a few Youtube videos showing different region games running on different region hardware.
    Working for me as well now... must of just been unlucky and tried to look while they had been down, thanks for checking that

Sucks for those keeping up to date, but great that work is still being done.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]